Cataylst 8.10 Vista 64bit Issue

murdoc

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
Hello I just got Vista Ultimate x64 bit today and I got all excited to test things out. When I've tried installing 64bit drivers dled directly from ATI's website, I've had a few issues with custom installation. I've somehow managed to install it properly after I've selected "express install" instead. However, I'm unable to start Catalyst Control Center because it says "Catalyst Control Center cannot be started because current active GPU is not supported".

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?!

kingtz

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
Maybe you selected the wrong gpu series on ATI's site?

Just to be safe, redownload 8.10 again, making sure you specify the correct gpu and OS and reinstall the new download (after uninstalling your current 8.10).

Zecow

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2008
I had that problem as well. But I'm using crossfire. Had to disable one card, and uninstall the other. Then scan for hardware changes and reboot. Then enable the other card and reboot. CCC found both cards after that.

murdoc

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
well it kinda worked itself out after.... I actually got Black Screen of death after attempting to install just the drivers.

I resorted to using last known configs (it wouldn't boot into safe mode).

I am 100% sure I dled drivers for Vista x64bit. I'm 100% sure I've selected ATI 4800 series.