EP45-UD3R: problem w/ EnergySaver

wirtzpeitz

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I run Windows 7 x64 beta on this board. The board's sound output suffers from very annoying crackling noises. I ran DPC latency checker, which suggested that a bad driver was the source of the problem. Turns out that when EnergySaver is disabled the latency profile is much improved and the crackling disappears. This is regrettable because I would like to keep using EnergySaver. Does anyone know how to fix this? Is there an alternative software? Are there BIOS options with a similar function to the EnergySaver software?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Solution
Go to the BIOS' "Advanced BIOS Features page:
Enable
C1E,
TM2,
and
EIST;
You won't be able to manually control the power saving 'step-back' (then again, why would you want to), but any monitoring tool should show you the variation. Note: this is incompatible with most over-clocks; you have to pick one or the other...

bilbat

Splendid
Go to the BIOS' "Advanced BIOS Features page:
Enable
C1E,
TM2,
and
EIST;
You won't be able to manually control the power saving 'step-back' (then again, why would you want to), but any monitoring tool should show you the variation. Note: this is incompatible with most over-clocks; you have to pick one or the other...

Solution