Call of duty World at War Performance Benchmarks Guru3D

23 answers Last reply
More about call duty world performance benchmarks guru3d
  1. I'm pretty disappointed at the 4850 in this review. It doesn't beat out the 8800's. weird.
  2. both companies haven't released updated drivers, we'll prob see improved speeds, even though it runs on the cod4 engine, which runs off the cod2 engine, all upgraded with eye candy (kinda like source:D).
  3. Wheres the AA used? Couldnt find it. Thatll make a huge difference too
  4. Also, do they always bench this way? No minmal fps? Wish theyd done a better job
  5. AA=page2
  6. k, thanx. I guess I was looking at the testing page, thought itd be there
  7. AA doesn't give that much of a hit in COD4 to almost any card lol, and this uses the same engine:P
  8. that's pretty intense that a 9800gx2 beats the 4870x2 :P
  9. So how do we all feel now that they are using the i7 setup that most people don't have yet?
  10. as a pentium 4 user i feel the same like people are using C2D :p
  11. SpinachEater said:
    So how do we all feel now that they are using the i7 setup that most people don't have yet?

Well atleast we kno what top of the line does to the video cards:) Now with out bottlenecks we can trully see whats on top:)
  12. Good to see the 9800GX2 still has the guts to perform well with new titles.
    Guess the i7 will give us the performance boost with SLI or CF we have been waiting for, especially with the new demanding games.
  13. vochtige said:
    as a pentium 4 user i feel the same like people are using C2D :p

:ouch: JK. Are you still using an AGP video card?

@L1qu1d - very true. I am still amazed at the SLI and xfire differences.
  14. monsta said:
    Good to see the 9800GX2 still has the guts to perform well with new titles.
    Guess the i7 will give us the performance boost with SLI or CF we have been waiting for, especially with the new demanding games.

Actually ur half true, the Call of duty 4 engine loves the GX2, so the GX2 benefits the most from it, as stated in the article.

And I quote: "It does however has an intense amount of shader processors available in certain titles, and that does show. COD WaW is such a title, and the GX2 loves it. "
  15. SpinachEater said:
    :ouch: JK. Are you still using an AGP video card?

@L1qu1d - very true. I am still amazed at the SLI and xfire differences.

mm, maybe I'm wrong i hope i'm quoting here, because the forum has new layout.

No i use a pci-e gpu, but my mobo only supports a pentiumD 3.6 ghz maximum so you can say i'm limited in upgrading, so basically i run an old pc.

i'm waiting for februari. i hope a new generation gpu's are out, and that i7 is unbugged. if may pc can live longer, maybe it can survive until windows7...
  16. SpinachEater said:
    So how do we all feel now that they are using the i7 setup that most people don't have yet?

I used to feel the same as when I had a 2.8 Northwood compared to an Athlon X2. Now, I feel like a K62-450 compared to a Pentium III. :pt1cable:

vochtige said:
    as a pentium 4 user i feel the same like people are using C2D :p

As a Pentium 4 user, you should feel the same like people are using a Phenom. :lol:

An Athlon X2 4600+ was a great upgrade from my old Northwood. Almost anything today is a great upgrade from a Prescott.

Hope you can upgrade soon. I noticed a big difference in going from single to dual core, and then noticed a smaller, but still real, difference in going from a dual to a triple -- but mostly in non-game apps.

For some reason, my sig doesn't appear when I post on break from work. I have:

8750 on a Gigabyte 780G board with a 3870x2, an Antec Nine Hundred case and Antec Neo 650 PSU, 2 gigs Kingston DDR2 800 and several legacy SATA 1 drives with one legacy IDE drive on a PCI controller card. Still using a 17" CRT too.

It's amazingly slow compared to a Nehalem, but it can hold it's own against similarly priced Core 2's (though Core 2 quads beat it too). I'm also using Vista with SP1 and I like it better than XP. Am I insane, or what?

Can't wait for the 45nm Phenoms, though what I want to see are 32nm SOI Phenom's rumored to arrive in late 2009.

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/11/11/amd-announces-move-32nm

Before anyone comes back and says "that's the Inquirer..." note that I said "rumored". When is AMD going to finally ditch SOI and go to high K?
  17. Definitely a disappointing show by the 4850. Hopefully updated drivers will improve it.
  18. kingtz said:
    Definitely a disappointing show by the 4850. Hopefully updated drivers will improve it.

ditto for Fallout 3 - http://www.techspot.com/article/125-fallout3-performance/page5.html
  19. Woa, a 1440 resolution benchmark...don't see those too often
  20. SpinachEater said:
    Woa, a 1440 resolution benchmark...don't see those too often

i was hoping to see my gtx 260 in there butthey have the core 216 one :(
  21. ATI clearly has some issues here. No way in hell the 9800GX2 should be beating the 4870X2. Snide comments not permitted, only sanity.
  22. pauldh said:

WTH! This is even worse! HD4850 beaten by a 9600GT? My whole world just turned upside down.

Oh well, 8.11 seems to only address FarCry 2 and STALKER, so maybe 8.12 then.
  23. kingtz said:
    WTH! This is even worse! HD4850 beaten by a 9600GT? My whole world just turned upside down.

Oh well, 8.11 seems to only address FarCry 2 and STALKER, so maybe 8.12 then.

You are probably right there. FS uses the FarCry 2 hotfix driver and sees the same results. The 4850 is far behind the 9800GTX at 4XAA and in the 9600GT - 8800GT range again.
    high - http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/fallout_3_mainstream_gpu_performance/page3.asp
    ultra high - http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/fallout_3_performance/page3.asp
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Performance Call of Duty Graphics