Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Wireless
  • Connection
  • Computers
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
October 3, 2009 7:09:53 AM

Im replacing an Linksys WRT310N router which is set up wireless with an Dlink DIR-825. My computer has a Linksys PCI adapter (wireless) WMP300N. Is there away to set up the DIR-825 without setting up an wired connection to my computer and if so how. The reason im asking is because I suck at setting up a wired connection . It takes me for ever to get it right. I can build a computer but suck at setting up internet connections except the wireless was easy for me. Ive tried it the way they want me to and I only get an local connection. Once i get this done then I need to set up an wireless bridge with an DLINK DAP-1522. I need help please

More about : replacing roter

December 24, 2009 4:04:00 AM

Hi. Download the user manual for the DAP-1522 from Dlink's site and look at page 57 for setting up as a bridge to you Dlink DIR-825:

http://www.dlink.ca/products/?pid=DAP-1522&tab=3

Connect your PC directly to your DIR-825 via the web browser and see what its IP Address is. Use this IP address as the default gateway in the setup for the DAP-1522. The other DAP-1522 defaults should work if you don't have security setup.

You may have to temporarily change your PC IP address to 192.168.0.10 for example, subnet mask 255.255.255.0, and default gateway to 192.168.0.50 (default IP address for DAP-1522) to setup the DAP-1522 via the web browser (connect to it directly).

Regards,
m
l
Related resources
!