More frequent freezes, due to gpu overclocking? help!

river686

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
ever science i overclocked my gpu my computer started freezing alot more and i dont know if they are connected, because my overclock is pretty stable and i have a themalright t-rd 2 that keeps everything really cool, 35c idle and 57c load.

river686

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
i have run furrmark numerous times, and it looks pretty stable, i dont get any artifacts, but im also not sure what mode to run it in and i don't know what to look for on an unstable core or memory clock.

river686

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
while running furmark stability test on max res, with no msaa my max temp id 58c
i am yet to overclock my cpu and i dont have the blue screen, just strait up screen freezes.

hackboy1221

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Overclocking my gpu temp is normal 73c and load 85c overclocking its memory about increasing 10mhz gives me red lines on my screen but overclocking its core speed from 450 to 495 is stable.........??????????

Micropat

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2009
As far as I know increasing frequencies (without tweaking voltages) still has an impact on power draw. If you detail what what hardware you have someone might be able to tell you if power draw is the problem.

Also if your gpu overclock is stable when doing furmark then what are you doing when you're computer freezes? Gaming? You may have issues with your overclock only when the cpu is working hard as well. I suggest running prime 95 (to stress the cpu) and furmark at the same time to see if this causes your instability issues (but keep an eye on temperatures). Just leave one thread of your processor free for furmark (eg I have a quad core with hyperthreading = 8 threads. I would run 7 threads of prime95 and leave the last one for furmark).