Doris

Hi, can anyone help? I'm trying to check email and getting the following
error message:

inactivity. Account: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server: 'mail.btopenworld.com',
Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F

I know that the modem/internet connection is working okay (since i'm
connected right now to send this!) but not sure what to try next to fix it...

Cheers :)

Also if you have a web interface to login like you do for Yahoo. Test if the
User account is not disabled due to inactivity.
--
Vsu

"doris" wrote:

> Hi, can anyone help? I'm trying to check email and getting the following
> error message:
>
> Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for
> this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of
> inactivity. Account: 'mail.btopenworld.com', Server: 'mail.btopenworld.com',
> Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F
>
> I know that the modem/internet connection is working okay (since i'm
> connected right now to send this!) but not sure what to try next to fix it...
>
> Cheers :)

Try change the timeout settings first.

Open Outlook Express | Tools | Accounts | Mail tab | Select Mail account |
Properties | Advanced tab .. move the Server timout slider towards Long.
--
Vsu