Problems re-installing windows xp on a dell latitude D600

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Latitude
  • Dell
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
March 20, 2011 1:21:07 PM

When I attempt to re-install windows xp (not using original disc or utilities) I get a sign in message asking for a password, which I have never used. I can then go no further

More about : problems installing windows dell latitude d600

March 20, 2011 2:45:33 PM

when you install XP it will ask you to set the password for the main user account/Administrator account. It is yours to choose. once XP is installed there is a way to have it auto logon.

The reason is that there are malwares that are looking for unprotected administrative accounts to cause problems.

m
l
March 20, 2011 3:28:34 PM

Emerald said:
when you install XP it will ask you to set the password for the main user account/Administrator account. It is yours to choose. once XP is installed there is a way to have it auto logon.

The reason is that there are malwares that are looking for unprotected administrative accounts to cause problems.

I can't even get that far. When it asks for password I can go nor further
m
l
March 20, 2011 7:24:52 PM

IanKing said:
When I attempt to re-install windows xp (not using original disc or utilities) I get a sign in message asking for a password, which I have never used. I can then go no further

~My emphasis added~

So your pirated XP disk won't work eh??? bummer.

Sounds like the supplier of that disk has something else installed and wants the password to be one they can use themselves later after you install their "version" of Windows. Shame...now you must get a legit copy of Windows.

m
l
!