Asus M3N78 Pro USB problems

ishbog

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
Since the day I got my Asus M3N78-pro motherboard, the USB ports have all been flaky. It seems that items with batteries or needing alot of power (ipod, wd passport) don't work -- whenever they're plugged in, it constantly connects/disconnects the devices over and over. I've tried several ipods and a few WD passports and nothing works. The mouse/keyboard and thumb drives work fine.

I'm running:

m3n78 pro
phenom x4 9600
4gb ocz ram
geforce 7800gt

I'm going to try flashing the bios to see if that works, otherwise i assume I need to send it in for a new one?

ishbog

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
annnnnd the asus EZ flash thats onboard keeps saying each .bin file i download from asus for the update "doesnt contain boot info", something like that. this=huge PITA

mafr

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Did you find the solution on this issue? I have something similar on my motherboard.
All feedback will be very welcome.

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005

I have this issue too, so please post if you find something

ishbog

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2005
i have yet to find anything, but it may be conflicting mobo drivers -- i'm still running the same windows install as the last system i had, and that could be the issue. i'll post when i reformat, which may not be for a few weeks.

SoulX81

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2009

I had a similar problem. I thought it might have been the USB headers on the motherboard, but i found out the two top ports on my Case were worn out. I connected the header to two other USB ports and they seem to work fine. However I am getting the occasional USB "bandwith exceeded" issue. Anyone else having that problem with this?

feralshad0w

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2008
I am having the same issue, but I read on another forum that it could be a usb power issue. The Mobo might not be giving the USB's enough power. I have a USB wireless network adapter, and it works fine by itself, but since its type "N" it uses a lot of power and I cant get anything else to work with it at the same time.

netwizzerd

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2010
I have the EXACT same problem, same motherboard. My iPhone and my iPod touch were both syncing just fine for the first few months, then all of a sudden out of nowhere both Apple devices will connect & reconnect continuously. It actually makes the iPod Touch restart itself. Incredibly annoying.
I also have a USB wireless network adapter that is 802.11n....haven't tried unplugging that and attempting to user iPhone iPod Touch, will try that and post later. I see that there hasn't been any activity on this thread in quite some time. Has anyone else figured out a solution?

vendetti

Distinguished
May 9, 2011
I have the same mobo and the same problem. I get about this far in any similar post and then everything goes silent. What's the deal? Has anyone figured this out?

I bought a USB board thinking that the USB ports on the motherboard were the problem, but that didn't change anything. I've reinstalled the drivers etc.

I saw another post that indicated a xxxusb driver in system 32 folder was interfering; not sure. Please let me know if you have found the solution short of getting a new motherboard.

Thanks

HookahGuyTy

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011

Hello i had this problem as well i belive if u reformat the usb drive to a fat 32 then put the bios update try that hope it helps