Adding 2 new HHDs on Raid0 - Doesn't detect

andyboyjlm

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
Hello,

I've seen similar topics around but maybe none that answer me.

Here's the scenario. I have just built a new pc. I have Vista Business 32bit on a Seagate Barracuda 80GB. Now I have just tried to install two 500GB Seagate Barracudas and I want them to run on Raid 0.

I gathered info from different forums and tried it like this:

I went into the BIOS and changed the SATA type to RAID, but when I rebooted the BIOS no longer shows any of my hard drives and Vista would no longer start. I tried going into the RAID BIOS and choosing the 2nd slot as a Logical drive, setting the RAID to 0 and choosing the 2 500GB HDDs. But as I say the drives are no longer recognised.

So, now I've had to go back to the BIOS and enable SATA again an take RAID off, and here I am. I've been searching for the last two nights. Could anyone please help me.

I'm running:

MOBO: ASUS M378-EMH HDMI
CPU: AMD Phenon 9950
Vista Business 32Bit

I have updated my BIOS also, which was successful.

So, I have VIsta installed on small HD, but how do I install these two new 500GB Seagate HDDs on RAID 0 separately for Data storage?

Please help

andyboyjlm

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
There were none of the MOBO disc or ASUS site. Which seems right, as I have read in most forums that Vista has already got the drivers installed so doesn't need them.

andyboyjlm

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2008
ps. The OS is just recently installed. I would be willing to fresh install again if that's easier. Just anything that gets it done.