muk13923

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
I'm having difficulties with the new computer i'm assembling, i've have all the components plugged in correctly and everything but i'm getting no detection from the monitor or tnhe keyboard or the mouse and all work perfectly fine on other computer i just want to figure this out considering i'm without a computer without this, being that i'm typing this from your local library. Anyone can help ? I'm running a 450 watt power source and 4 gb RAM.

Maxham51

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
I have just ordered one of these MB's and have been doing a bit of research. The default for video is PCI, when using a PCIe card you need to change this in bios. Also when using USB keyboards and Mouse you need to set this in bios as the default is PS2.

From what I have found it appears the PCIe cards will work on the first boot, and then you need to make the appropriate bios changes, else when you reboot you won't get a display. I think you need to use a PS2 keyboard to make the initial changes as the bios default is not to recognize a USB keyboard.

As I haven't got my board yet I am not certain of all this but I will be find out soon enough.

stangcoupe67

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2009
I just finished putting a system together with this mobo and some OCZ 2x2gb duel channel 4gb kit, and a phenom cpu, you can use your usb keyboard and mouse, i was able to hit delete with my usb keyboard to get into the bios, once inside you can adjust both mouse and keyboard to usb instead os ps2 then your good to go, no need for an old school ps2 keyboard for initial set up.

while im here, anyone know where to look in the post for if my ram is in duel channel mode, it says its in "unganged mode 64-bit"...no idea what that means...im running 32bit vista but this is the post so i doubt it has to do with my OS. any thoughts?

pbostock

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Also you need to check whether the motherboard BIOS has to be upgraded to recognise the CPU you are using. Older boards need that for most of the new AMD CPUs