Sign in with
Your question

Asus m2n-vm dvi

Last response: in Motherboards
February 13, 2009 1:47:05 PM

I currently own a asus m2n-vm dvi. I bought this board for a budget system when my nice system took a power hit (May she Rest in Peace). :(  Anyhow I currently have a Single core Athlon 64 1600+ le (I think that's the model number.) I would have upgraded it a long time ago to a Phenom, however I didn't like the performance of the chips and saw no reason to upgrade. With the Phenom II now out (Happy Happy Joy Joy!) I want one. However I'm not sure if this board will support it? The highest Phenom I believe it supported was like a 9550 (I think) which makes no sense to me because they're all the same socket. Does anyone have more information on this? Theoretically if I flash the bios it should support a Phenom II right?

More about : asus m2n dvi

February 13, 2009 1:57:55 PM

Here's a list of cpu's supported

http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLan...

Looks like it only support 95w and lower cpu's. However, how can the power consumption matter to compatibility? The other cpu I was looking at was the 9850 black edition, and a 6400+ X2 on the cheap side. Looks like neither is gonna happen. Out of those chips which would be the best to go with? I've heard good things with the tri-core.. also looks like the max I can go is a 9650. Should I just buy a new board? Is the Phenom II that much of an improvement over the previous generation?
February 13, 2009 2:19:04 PM

Ok so with this board I guess it comes down to 9600 phenom at 2.3 ghz or a 5400+ 2.8 ghz .... Thoughts? Is the bump it speed enough to justify cutting off two cores? Or should I just buy the new board and spend the money on the phenom II?
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
February 5, 2010 3:56:51 AM

this mobo also support amd opteron (6 core cpu) ......
!