Sign in with
Your question

WAN Miniport won't let me connect to Email

Last response: in Toms Network
August 16, 2009 4:43:41 PM

I recently purchased a new processor which runs Vista and Windows Mail. I have my acct set up for email but when I open my email I get this pop up message: "Connecting thru WAN Miniport" (PPOE) but never connects then I get an error stating "ERROR 815"
I do have a networking router-modem that is for my daughter and she has no problems with her email. Any help or advice on how to get around this is greatly appreciated.
October 12, 2009 7:29:22 AM

Have you tried using other webmail like yahoo or gmail? does it work?
You also don't have problems browsing the internet right?

It could be on the connection/configuration settings.
March 24, 2010 7:38:53 PM

HI: I have a similar problem! My cable modem from Comcast went bad I got a new one Comcast configured it to use with my WIN-7 computer and it works fine. But my WIN-XP computer won't connect to the Internet now it sys it uses Broadband protocal WAN PPPoE protocal. I called Comcast there Tech. told me that Comcast uses DHCP Protocal. I went into the Networking setup Procedure under Control Panel to remove the TCP/IP WAN protocal but it was grayed out. I added the DHCP TCP/IP protocal to the sight then tried to remove the WAN protocal stilled grayed out. I use Firefox as my browser I also tried to connect usinf IE8 but still comes up and says using Broadband WAN-PPPoE protocal I tried to use MSN, AOL from both Firefox and IE8 and other URL's in Firefox and IE8 it the computer still try's to use WAN-PPPoE protocal to connect. I looks like Windows XP networking setup is frozen in WAN-PPPoE protocal.. I'm sorry the Explanation of what my problem is is so long. My network is A cable modem supplied by Comcast and a Linksys router the router firmware is the latest.. I was able to connect before with both computers. I also tried another NIC card My Network says when I ping my router I get both computer and router signals and said my network is OK What next to do?? or do I have to Reinstall XP on my XP computer to fix this

Dan Mericle Sr
danvidman
Related resources
March 25, 2010 4:10:19 PM

"I went into the Networking setup Procedure under Control Panel to remove the TCP/IP WAN protocal but it was grayed out."

Can you upload some screenshots? I've never seen this specified under Networking.
March 26, 2010 12:01:10 AM

eibgrad said:
"I went into the Networking setup Procedure under Control Panel to remove the TCP/IP WAN protocal but it was grayed out."

Can you upload some screenshots? I've never seen this specified under Networking.

HI: I will try its on my other computer and i have to change over my moniters and sve on a disk but will get back to you when I can
Dan Mericle Sr danvidman
!