X58, System Interrupt Controller, Missing Driver?

vacendak

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
Hello all. I just put together a new system. One thing I can't figure out is 9 instances of System Interrupt Controller with no driver listed in the Device Manager. This is something new to me having come from a 965 chipset. I have been scouring forums with no avail.

Anyone have any ideas? I just tried loading all the utilities and drivers that came on the DVD from Gigabyte thinking I may have missed some driver... Nope.

Vacendak

scrumhalf

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
1. Download Intel X58 chipset utility from Gigabyte website (zip format)
2. Unpack (extract) to a vacant folder.
3. In device manager, right click on other devices showing error and direct search to folder created in step 2.

I did this with my Asus board and it solved the issue. Haven't tried it on a Gigabyte, but it was the exact same problem.
Hope that helps!

vacendak

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007

Ok, thank you. I'll try that. I loaded XP SP3 last night. XP seemed to take care of the problem its self.

Vacendak

Hmm... signature didn't show

bilbat

Splendid
Yeah, even with Xp, the big thing is to get the drivers (any old drivers) that shipped with the MOBO loaded to get going; then, essentially, Windoze update seems to do a pretty robust job of getting 'em all updated to the latest (reliable) release; only problem I've seen lately is that Win7β seems to, for some reason, consistently 'miss' the ICH8/9/10R SM Bus driver - half the time, has to be loaded manually from the device manager...

tx4runner

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2009

Did that fix work for you? I actually just assembled a similar computer (same mobo, chip and memory), and have the same issue with Windows 7, and wanted to make sure this would fix my issue.

Thanks

Yazza

Distinguished
May 14, 2009
Hi

I had the same problem as you with Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P F7, i7-920 and Windows 7 Beta. I'm using Intel driver 9.1.0.1007 which seems to be latest available and what shipped with my motherboard

I fixed the problem of the 9 unrecognised Hardware drivers by going into device manager, and for each unknown controller manually clicking on update driver software. Click on 'Browse my computer for driver software' and point windows at the directory where you unpacked the Intel chipset utility. Specifically in the 'Vista' directory. It should then correctly find the drivers it needs.

Hopefully this should fix you problem