I'd double check all of you power connections are installed correctly. That includes pulling them out and then re-seating them.
* You could also use only 1 stick (assuming you have 2) of DDR2 in slot 1 and see if the works or not.
* Reset the CMOS if nothing is working.

killmestereo

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
yes i did all that and made sure the 4 pin was in. and i only have a 2 gig stick of ddr so i was thiking maybe it could be that. It is G_SKILL. I really dont want to send it in for repairs and i build computers alot and i ust cant figure this out. i tried adding cardboard spacers inbetween the motherboard screws and still wont get signal or post.

Okay here a couple of other things to try. The memory looks like it should be fine, but isn't on the approved list (shouldn't be a problem, since you have 1.8v RAM, which is the standard operating voltage).

I'd pull everything out of the case.
Set it all on a non-conductive surface (cardboard is good!!).
Put in your Memory/CPU (with HSF).
You could even hook up your HD/DVD drives (only 1 of each).
Connect your power switch and your power connections from your PSU and try turning it on.
This will eliminate any possible shorts that you might be getting from your case.

The other thing I forgot to mention, is you could use a different PSU to try and eliminate that out of the equation too. You could do this before you pull the guts out of the case, if you like.

TRENDING THREADS