Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Amd 64 x2 6000+ results, anything too high?

Last response: in Overclocking
February 3, 2010 9:14:30 PM

hello,
I've oc'ed my 6000 to 3360 mhz. it never gets above 52 centigrade @ 100%. i would
be thankful if somebody could check these #'s and tell me if something should be lowered or if it isn't making any diff. up that high. (like ram voltage or cpu voltage)

cpu core multiplier---15x
bus speed--- 224 mhz
core volt.---1.408v
--------------------------------
ht link---- 1120 mhz
ht multiplier--- 5x
----------------------------------
pc5300-667 kingston value ram
mem. freq.--- 373.4 mhz
mem. volt.--- 2.0
CL, tRCD, tRP, tRAS, tRC, CR---- all stock, no changes

i have bumped the v. on the cpu and the mem. and increased bus speed to 224
everything SEEMS stable- (several 30 min. long stability test)
any insight would be greatly appreciated, since i don't really know what i'm doing.

michael

Gig. gama-785gm-us2h
IGP-ATI HD 4200

More about : amd 6000 results high

February 4, 2010 12:04:08 AM

That is a good OC for starting out. If everything is stable then your good to go. Check it with prime95. google it, free download.
m
l
February 4, 2010 6:13:26 PM

thanks azone,
it's my understanding that i'm probably nearing the limit of oc'ing this windsor 6000... any thoughts?

thanks again,
michael
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 4, 2010 6:27:32 PM

^ Well, some people have gotten Windsor chips up to 3.5 GHz. It just depends on your sample and how well your cooling deals with it. Lower your HT multiplier to 4x for now. Your chipset won't have any problem with it if you don't, but the chip might, so leave it at 4x till you settle on a final CPU overclock. After that you can try the HT multiplier at 5x and test for stability.

Manually set your RAM timings as overclocking your CPU will overclock the RAM as well. Set them to the loosest (highest latency) timings your BIOS will allow to prevent them from being the limiting factor. After you reached the limit of your CPU, then you can try tightening the timings.
February 6, 2010 3:16:31 PM

megamanx00,
thanks for the help, sorry about my slow response. it's my understanding that loose timing (high latency) settings means higher #'s. my mobo allows for up to a "six" setting on CL, tRCD and tRP. tRAS can go to "18" and tRC can go to "26". the CR can only go as high as 2T. there are 18 or so settings for timings, should i raise any others besides those i've listed above? i assume i should drop the ram voltage back down and i've already dropped the ht multiplier to 4x. also, once i decide on a cpu setting will the dram settings ever tighten up more than the 5-5-5-15 #'s
they came with and is there a mhz and voltage setting i shouldn't go higher than? (on this value ram)
i hope all these questions don't bother you to much

thank you,
michael
m
l
February 8, 2010 3:15:15 AM

megamanx00 said:
^ Well, some people have gotten Windsor chips up to 3.5 GHz. It just depends on your sample and how well your cooling deals with it. Lower your HT multiplier to 4x for now. Your chipset won't have any problem with it if you don't, but the chip might, so leave it at 4x till you settle on a final CPU overclock. After that you can try the HT multiplier at 5x and test for stability.

Manually set your RAM timings as overclocking your CPU will overclock the RAM as well. Set them to the loosest (highest latency) timings your BIOS will allow to prevent them from being the limiting factor. After you reached the limit of your CPU, then you can try tightening the timings.

megamanx00,
thanks for the help, sorry about my slow response. it's my understanding that loose timing (high latency) settings means higher #'s. my mobo allows for up to a "six" setting on CL, tRCD and tRP. tRAS can go to "18" and tRC can go to "26". the CR can only go as high as 2T. there are 18 or so settings for timings, should i raise any others besides those i've listed above? i assume i should drop the ram voltage back down and i've already dropped the ht multiplier to 4x. also, once i decide on a cpu setting will the dram settings ever tighten up more than the 5-5-5-15 #'s
they came with and is there a mhz and voltage setting i shouldn't go higher than? (on this value ram)
i hope all these questions don't bother you to much

thank you,
michael
m
l
February 12, 2010 5:45:55 PM

Best answer selected by mchldpy.
m
l
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
February 13, 2010 2:28:46 PM

Well, it's always best to run at that lowest stable RAM voltage, but for now you are pushing your RAM above specs and 2.0v isn't too high for DDR2 RAM so I'd leave it alone, so long as it's stable anyway :D .
m
l
!