TUL TRS780-M1 AMD 2.6Ghz Black Box Unstable

heartcar

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
I'm building new System with Vista 32 Bit, Tul Motherboard, 2.6Ghz Black Box AMD, 800Mhz Memory, Sata Drive, 650W PSU, I cant make the system stable at all, wont post past a 2.2Ghz clock, Wont pass the Vista performance test, Changed memory, Uninstalled Vista and reinstalled with drivers from web suite instead of CD, Clear CMOS several times, NB&SB= 1.24V Dim= 2.1V, CPU= 1.44V, 3.3V= 3.37V, 12V= 12.03V, When It first booted it overclocked nicely to 3.1 but after 24 Hrs of use it wouldn't boot and now will only boot if turned way down. TUL doesn't offer much support so hoping maybe someone has ran across this. I'm told that ATI had a problem and possibly thats my problem but I'm doubting it since I can get it to freeze in the CMOS when windows isn't running.
Thanks in advance,
Dennis

Mondoman

Splendid
Please list the *model numbers* of all components in your system, including items such as CPU cooler and PS.
Assuming you mean a Phenom X4 for your CPU, what were the idle and load temps during the initial overclock? What was the CPU voltage during that 3.1GHz OC? How did you determine stability then (e.g. memtest86+, prime95, etc)?
The Phenom, unlike the Phenom II, is not very overclockable, and 1.44V CPU voltage seems very high to me, so my initial guess is that you damaged your CPU and/or MB during the initial overclock. Is your MB's power circuitry rated for the high-power Phenoms, or just up to 95w CPUs?

heartcar

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
2.6 X2 Black Box Dual Core, I had pretty much narrowed it down to the CPU or the motherboard so since i had two systems the same I decided to swap the CPU from one to the other and found the I had a bad CPU and that sometimes one core wouldn't work under load but would be fine under light load. I watched the core temps during heavy load and only one side would go up in temps. I couldn't run anything like a game or other program needing a little CPU usage without it crashing. Idle tempos were 28-29C
and the other system runs 38-40C Idle. CPU Voltage is 1.44V, I think default setting is like 1.38V, Board can handle Higher w chips but i don't think my CPU liked it. Even before i overclocked it i thought it was acting a little slower than normal.
I contacted Tiger and there sending me a new chip so all is good now.
Thanks,
Dennis

heartcar

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2009
2.6 X2 Black Box Dual Core, I had pretty much narrowed it down to the CPU or the motherboard so since i had two systems the same I decided to swap the CPU from one to the other and found the I had a bad CPU and that sometimes one core wouldn't work under load but would be fine under light load. I watched the core temps during heavy load and only one side would go up in temps. I couldn't run anything like a game or other program needing a little CPU usage without it crashing. Idle tempos were 28-29C
and the other system runs 38-40C Idle. CPU Voltage is 1.44V, I think default setting is like 1.38V, Board can handle Higher w chips but i don't think my CPU liked it. Even before i overclocked it i thought it was acting a little slower than normal.
I contacted Tiger and there sending me a new chip so all is good now.
Thanks,
Dennis