Dual-Channel in XP 32-bit

Will dual-channel mode work in a Window XP 32-bit system with 2GB x 2 of ram when the 32-bit only detect 3.25GB of ram?
6 answers Last reply
More about dual channel
  1. Dual-channel mode is set by the BIOS. Windows XP 32-bit can detect 4GB, you just won't be able to use all of it.
  2. how do u set the dual channel in the BIOS, someone please teach me =(
  3. You don't - if the memory is plugged into the proper sockets, as indicated by your motherboard manual, it will use dual channel automatically.
  4. So if i use 2GB x 2 ram, will dual channel work? or will it not work because Window XP 32-bit can only detect 3.25GB?
  5. AdLi said:
    So if i use 2GB x 2 ram, will dual channel work? or will it not work because Window XP 32-bit can only detect 3.25GB?

Yes, dual channel mode will work.

AdLi said:
    how do u set the dual channel in the BIOS, someone please teach me =(

You don't set dual channel in the BIOS. Dual channel is achieved by inserting matching memory modules in the proper DIMM slots. RTFM!
  6. AdLi said:
    So if i use 2GB x 2 ram, will dual channel work? or will it not work because Window XP 32-bit can only detect 3.25GB?

Dual-channel mode is set by the BIOS. Windows XP 32-bit can detect 4GB, you just won't be able to use all of it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Dual Channel Windows XP