I have 2 500 gb HDDs on raid 0 for a total of 1Tb with winows 7 ultimate 64 bit

I have 2 500 gb HDDs on raid 0 for a total of 1Tb with winows 7 ultimate 64 bit and I added a 30 Gb SSD and planning to install Ubuntu on the ssd , I have 2 issues, the major one is that everytime I install Ubuntu on the SSD using "install Ubuntu alndside windows 7" option the system will only boot to the ssd Ubuntu everytime with no luck to get windows running again, I know that windows is there on the HDD but I cannot get to it. the second problem is that before installing ubuntu , windows does not list the ssd or cannot find it. it only shows up on the start up list of drives as a non raid drive but windows 7 cannotfind it or format it or anything
5 answers Last reply
More about hdds raid total winows ultimate
  1. In your bios in the boot sequence tab you want to have the hdd that has your Windows on it listed as the first boot option then when your computer boots I believe you will have an option to boot into Windows or Ubuntu.
  2. I have the CD rom first then the HDD then the SSD, but still not helping, always goes to Ubuntu and even if I turn off the ssd from the bios I still cannot go windows
  3. Tech answer:

Go to the Ubuntu site and run the program WUBI (it should default to the latest stable 64-bit version).
    http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer

You can point to the drive you wish to use and it will install into a FOLDER instead of requiring you to partition a drive etc.

*I just added the folder "Ubuntu" on a 1TB hard drive and pointed to that.

Main points:
    - easy installation with WUBI
    - easy removal with Add/Remove programs
    - boot menu automatically changed when adding or removing (reboot for choice of Windows or Ubuntu)
    - Ubuntu runs exactly the same as if you'd installed it with the normal, non-Wubi method

Other:
    Ubuntu detected my Intel RAID0 drives but not my other RAID0 using a Marvell chipset.
  4. Did you put the hdd first ?
  5. o.k. at this point nothing seems to work and I am thinking of reformatting everything and re installing windows and then wubi, but how can i make windows see the ssd drive because the last two times I did this windows cannot find the ssd drive and maybe I have to change something in the BIOS
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration NAS / RAID Ubuntu SSD Windows 7