No beeps, no pwr to drives, no video - Bad Motherboard?

Aleatic

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
I have a new Motherboard, Processor and Ram. I installed everything and when I power on I get no beeps.

Here is what I do get:
I get power to the Processor fan which is plugged into the mother board.
I get power to a case fan which is plugged into the PSU
I get Power LED on the front of the case

What I don't get:
No power to drives, none of them spin up
No beeps at all (under any configuration)
No LEDs on motherboard

Motherboard: Asus M2n-VM SE
Processor: AMD Athlon AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+
Memory: Corsair xms2-6400 1024mb 800mhz 5-5-5-18 (ddr2)

If there's a LED on the motherboard and it isn't lit, then the motherboard isn't getting power. Make sure that both the ATX and the ATX CPU connectors are fully inserted. If that doesn't resolve the issue, then test with another PSU.

Aleatic

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
The LED on the motherboard is lit,
and
when the HDD/CD/DVD is connected to the motherboard nothing happends, but if
remove the cable to the motherboard and just the powercabel is atteched to the HDD/CD/DVD they spin up/are
alive

also when I switch on the computer the keyboard lights up once

No LEDs on motherboard
What has changed since your original post?

Are you using IDE or SATA drives? If IDE, a non-keyed cable connected backwards can cause the issue that you describe.

If you connected a case speaker to the speaker header on the motherboard and you hear no beeps (even when no memory is installed), then you might have to test everything outside of the case.

Aleatic

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Sorry,

there is and was
LED on motherboard
all the time

I'm using IDE drives.
Have tested the IDE-cable in an other box, and it works there.

I will try the memory in an other computer.

In what order does the Power On Self Test, test the hardware?
PSU
CPU
BIOS checksum
CMOS checksum
and then what?

What hapends if the computer doesn't have any memory?

shillyshally09

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
As one of mobile devices fans, I was looking for a valuable all-in-one converter that not only can rip DVD and convert video, but also backup my ipod files to my computer. Recently my friend recommend me the Best DVD Converter Suite — Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite that can meet my needs. Now I will share with you.

This Best DVD Converter Suite actually includes three useful software: Best DVD Ripper, Total Video Converter and iPod to Computer Transfer.

Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite supports almost all the portable devices, such as: Google phone,PSP, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone (3G), iPhone, Zune, Zune 2,Blackberry, Nokia, Creative Zen, Sony Walkman, iRiver PMP, Archos, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox, iPAQ, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone, etc. You can enjoy your favorite DVD and video files on them.

dvd-converter-suite.jpg

Key Functions
1. Convert DVD and any video/audio to the various video/audio formats
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software could easily convert DVD and any video to the various video/audio formats such as MP4, H.264, AVI, MP3, WMV, WMA, FLV, MKV, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, 3GP, 3GPP, VOB, DivX, Mov, RM, RMVB, M4A, AAC, WAV, etc.

2. Transfer songs and video from iPod/iPhone to PC
It could easily transfer your songs and video from iPod/iPhone to PC, then you can backup the videos or songs, you also could transfer them to another iPod or iPhone through the iPhone transfer software.

3. Support almost all popular portable players
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software can convert DVD and video to all the popular devices: PSP, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPod Nano, iPhone (3G), iPhone, Zune, Zune 2, Blackberry, Nokia, Creative Zen, Sony Walkman, iRiver PMP, Archos, PS3, Apple TV, Xbox, iPAQ, Pocket PC, Mobile Phone, etc.

4. Easy and powerful editing function (Merge, Trim, Crop)
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software offers powerful editing functions such as merging multiple DVD chapters, titles or different videos files into one file, trimming any clip of video or DVD, cropping video size and so forth.

5. Easy to use
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite is very user-friendly and easy to use. Only a few clicks to complete the conversion with supervising the whole process on real time.

Key Features

1. Merge multiple DVD chapters, titles or different videos files into one file
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software provides an easy way to combine and join multiple DVD chapters, titles or different videos files into one file. Just select the DVD chapters, titles or videos you want to join and check the “merge into one file” check box you can finish it easily.

2. Cut any clip of video (Trim)
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software provides “Trim” function to help you cut any clip from the original video. You can set the “Start Time” and “End Time” of the clip you want to get or just drag the slide bar to the accurate position to achieve it.

3. Crop Video Size
Aiseesoft DVD Converter Suite software allows you to remove black edge of your movie and get any playing area of the video by using its “Crop” function. You can also select the “Zoom” mode to extrude your video slightly to adjust to your portable devices so you can get the best video quality.

4. Capture your favorite image
If you like the current image of the video you can use the “Snapshot” option. Just click the “Snapshot” button the image will be saved and you can click the “Open” button next to “Snapshot” button to open your picture.

5. Support Preview
You can preview the source video and edited video.

6. All Encoders and Decoders are built in
Full support all popular video and audio formats.

7. Fastest Conversion Speed
Provide the fastest conversion speed (>300%), completely support dual core CPU.