Armor certification question

Forgive me if this information is out there somewhere, but I can't find it.

I've basically bought armor twice (meeting the requirments on the list when
I examined it) and both times I was told that I lacked the certification to
wear this armor. Is there a guide or something available that will tell me
what I can or can't wear? Also, how do I know if I'm certified to wear an
armor and how do I *get* certified?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Ching
7 answers Last reply
More about armor certification question
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    There are now 3 armor types, the professions you have will determine which
    type you're certified for. Information taken from the Armorsmith's Forum.
    The types are:

    Assault: Bounty Hunter, Commando, Squad Leader
    Appearances: Chitin, Composite, Ithorian Sentinel, Kashyyykian Hunting,
    Factional

    Battle: Carbineer, Combat Medic, Creature Handler, Doctor, Fencer, Pikeman,
    Ranger, Swordsman
    Appearances: Bone, Marauder, Padded, Ithorian Defender, Kashyyykian Black
    Mountain, R.I.S. (quest), and Factional

    Recon: BioEngineer*, Pistoleer, Rifleman, Smuggler
    Mabari, Tantel, Ubese, Ithorian Guardian, Kashyyykian Ceremonial, and
    Factional

    * BioEngineers only receive hindrance mitigations equal to "basic" core
    armor.

    <back to my own words>
    The Factional above will vary... Scout Trooper Armor is Recon, Rebel Marine
    Armor is Recon, there is then also a Battle and an Assault version for both
    factions.

    Also, there are 3 classes of armor within each category. Basic, 'normal',
    and Advanced. They vary by the amount of protection they offer and more
    importantly, the amount of hindrance they offer. If you're a novice BH for
    instance, you'd want relatively Basic Composite otherwise you'd have
    penalties to Rate of Fire, Movement, etc. As you progress through your
    profession to master, you eliminate most penalties from armor. Note
    however, that it is possible to slice armor above the norm for Advanced
    armor and thus, for a Master Whatever, to suffer penalties due to having
    armor that's still 'Too good for them".

    If you're only a Starter profession and have no elite combat professions,
    then you are not certified for any armor.

    TK and Jedi Defenders get Innate armor. TKs lose that innate armor if they
    wear any other armor. Everyone can equip a Personal Shield Generator
    (including TK & Jedi) though it only protects against ranged energy attacks.
    Artisans can now use Ranger crafted Camo kits to try to avoid being killed
    while on harvester/surveying runs.

    I hope that helps.

    Thanks

    The Bar-erras Clan
    Lowca Galaxy

    "Chingach" <ching00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Forgive me if this information is out there somewhere, but I can't find
    > it.
    >
    > I've basically bought armor twice (meeting the requirments on the list
    > when I examined it) and both times I was told that I lacked the
    > certification to wear this armor. Is there a guide or something available
    > that will tell me what I can or can't wear? Also, how do I know if I'm
    > certified to wear an armor and how do I *get* certified?
    >
    > Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    >
    > Ching

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Chingach wrote:

    > Forgive me if this information is out there somewhere, but I can't find it.
    >
    > I've basically bought armor twice (meeting the requirments on the list when
    > I examined it) and both times I was told that I lacked the certification to
    > wear this armor. Is there a guide or something available that will tell me
    > what I can or can't wear? Also, how do I know if I'm certified to wear an
    > armor and how do I *get* certified?
    >
    > Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    >
    > Ching

    This is in your Profession tree. Any advanced combat profession will
    have access to armor. Look for your Armor Mitigation. That will tell you
    what kind of armor you can wear. If you aren't in an advanced
    profession, then you can't wear armor.

    Most Professions -> Battle Armor
    Squad Leader, Bounty Hunter, Pikeman? -> Assault Armor
    Rifleman, and a few others -> Recon

    CH
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    So I guess this explains a question I have...I am a master pistoleer and I
    have recon scout armor which a week ago I was wearing with no problems.
    Then I went on vacation for about a week and when I came back I have armor
    hinderance when I put it on. I checked the stats and it isn't much but is
    it because the stats on scout armor are so good? Now even masters are
    hindered a bit? Also I had it sliced as well so maybe that had something
    to do with it...So now I don't know if for PVP I should be wearing my super
    energy resistant scout trooper armor with the hinderance or my mediocre
    assault armor (I'm Master BH as well).
    Any suggestions?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Reply to message from "Pece via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> (Fri, 03
    Jun 2005 23:44:20) about "Re: Armor certification question":

    Hey Pece!
    Are you the Pece from Bria? How are you doing man?

    Pv> So I guess this explains a question I have...I am a master pistoleer
    Pv> and I have recon scout armor which a week ago I was wearing with no
    Pv> problems. Then I went on vacation for about a week and when I came
    Pv> back I have armor hinderance when I put it on. I checked the stats and
    Pv> it isn't much but is it because the stats on scout armor are so good?
    Pv> Now even masters are hindered a bit? Also I had it sliced as well so
    Pv> maybe that had something to do with it...So now I don't know if for
    Pv> PVP I should be wearing my super energy resistant scout trooper armor
    Pv> with the hinderance or my mediocre assault armor (I'm Master BH as
    Pv> well). Any suggestions?

    Pv> --

    Bye
    Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Sat, 04 Jun 2005 15:19:15 +0200

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Lightsabers and most guns are going to be Energy damage so unless you have
    Really good energy on your Assault Armor, the recon is probably better even
    with the penalties. It depends on what penalties you have though. A PSG
    backing up the Assault might help bring it up to an acceptable level with
    the recon, or not.

    Or course, a macro to switch armor might be good for when people haul out
    the Tusken Rifle or FWG5 since they're Kinetic weapons.

    I don't PvP much though, so most of my comments are from PvE orientation.

    Thanks

    The Bar-erras Clan
    Lowca Galaxy

    "Pece via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> wrote in message

    > So I guess this explains a question I have...I am a master pistoleer and I
    > have recon scout armor which a week ago I was wearing with no problems.
    > Then I went on vacation for about a week and when I came back I have armor
    > hinderance when I put it on. I checked the stats and it isn't much but is
    > it because the stats on scout armor are so good? Now even masters are
    > hindered a bit? Also I had it sliced as well so maybe that had something
    > to do with it...So now I don't know if for PVP I should be wearing my
    > super
    > energy resistant scout trooper armor with the hinderance or my mediocre
    > assault armor (I'm Master BH as well).
    > Any suggestions?

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Yep Dirk it's me....the one and the same.....who came for you for a week
    straight only to get whooped every time. Heh....
    Did you throw in the towel after CU? Haven't seen you on the terms...

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

    Reply to message from "Pece via GamesKB.com" <forum@GamesKB.com> (Mon, 06
    Jun 2005 15:29:26) about "Re: Armor certification question":

    Yeah, I quit after cu hit...well..kinda. My jedi-account is still active
    and I log in once in a while, but I hate it. SWG lost its "uniqueness"...
    it's just another MMORPG now. Very sad.

    Pv> Yep Dirk it's me....the one and the same.....who came for you for a
    Pv> week straight only to get whooped every time. Heh....
    Pv> Did you throw in the towel after CU? Haven't seen you on the terms...

    Pv> --

    Bye
    Dirk Pfeiffer <dirk@dbx501.de> Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:26:18 +0200

Games Certification Video Games