Palm contact list and mobile phones (CDMA)

March 22, 2005 2:12:15 AM

I have all my contact list in Palm Desktop. I'd like to replace my old
Nokia 3280 as it doesn't have phone book backup.

Is there any phone (preferably CDMA) that can import my contact list
from Palm Desktop ? If there isn't a CDMA phone that can do this i
can consider a GSM phone.

Thank you.
--
Fabio Pereira Bernardino
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 23:12:15 -0300, Fabio Bernardino
<fabiospambernardino@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

>I have all my contact list in Palm Desktop. I'd like to replace my old
>Nokia 3280 as it doesn't have phone book backup.
>
>Is there any phone (preferably CDMA) that can import my contact list
>from Palm Desktop ? If there isn't a CDMA phone that can do this i
>can consider a GSM phone.

Palm Desktop will export to CSV (Comma Separated Value) or TSV (tab
Separated Value) plain text files. You might have better luck to ask your
local carrier which phones they support, and then see which of those can
import text files into their address book by either looking in the
documentation on line, or by posting this to alt.cellular.cdma

--
The TSA is a test. It is only a test......
"Find out just what people will submit to, and you have found out the exact amount of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them; and these will continue until they are resisted with either words or blows, or with both. The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." -- Frederick Douglass, August 4, 1857.