ASUS P6T Deluxe V1 - V2 same part #

Smarp

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
I've purchased all the parts for a new system except the mobo. I've chosen the Asus P6T Deluxe V2 mobo. I tried to find V2 but was unable to find it in stock anywhere. When I ask if they have them in stock they said they do not. Half of them didn't know there was a V2 board.

Frustrated I called ASUS U.S. number today and spoke with a tech. He said that for whatever strange screwed up reason (my words not his) the two boards have the same part number. When you call or go online to order one of these mobos there is no way of distinguishing V1 from V2 without someone physically looking at the box and reading it to see if the SAS chip is there or not.

Can anyone verify that the part number is the same? If there is a difference would you please post it so I can get the final piece to my new system.

Thanks

scrumhalf

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
The only difference is the lack of SAS controller. If you want to build now, go ahead and order it, the V1 is great. The only issue is running RAID simultaneously on the SAS controller and the SATA controller. There is some performance bottleneck when both controllers try to run RAID. From the sounds of it, it was an architectural mistake, so they removed the SAS controller. Otherwise, the boards are the same.

Smarp

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
I guess I need to clarify my original posting. I'd like to verify if the part # for version 1 is the same as for version 2 and if there is a different number what the part number for version 2 is. I already know the difference between the two boards so I don't need that info.

justthefax

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2009
if you're asking for help don't be a smart4ss when someone gives you the information that it seems like you asked for. No one cares that it's not what you're looking for. It's unnecessary information. Leave it out and at least seem like you're not the idiot you are. This, however, needs to be said since there are many arrogant b4st4rds on forums just like yourself. Smarp? anyway, respect goes both ways. Don't expect help if you come off as an 4sshat. Those are just the facts.

scrumhalf

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
@ Justthefax, I don't think he was trying to be rude, I think he was just clarifying his question.
@ Smarp, every retailer has their own item# for parts, Asus doesn't list an actual part # anywhere on their website. When I get home I'll check my box to see if there's an identifying part #. Did you have a particular online retailer in mind? I can tell you NewEgg and Amazon currently only have the V1. BzBoys.com (and their sister site, of which I forget the name) are the only ones I've seen with the V2. Also, the price should tip you off, the V2 should be about $20 cheaper.

Smarp

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Scrumhalf, you are right, I was not trying to be a jerk. If I wanted to be one I could do far better than what I wrote. I really was just trying to clarify. I am frustrated with not being able to find the exact item I want.

I checked with BzBoys. The board is back ordered. A bad thing about BzBoys is I live in SoCal, which is where they are. If I could go out of state that would save a few bucks. As long as its a reliable vender, and the price is good, I really have no preference who I use.

Thanks Scrumhalf I appreciate the info.

scrumhalf

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2004
The actual Part # from the box for the V1 is: 90-MIB600-G0AAY00Z
I'm looking for the Part # of the V2, but so far I don't know anyone that has one. I would agree with not going through BzBoys, with the newer tech, I'd stick to one of the larger retailers like NewEgg or Amazon.

Smarp

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009

I agree with sticking to the bigger venders for this. Logic would have it that they move more inventory so they should use up any version 1 boards they have and replace them with version 2. Thanks I appreciate the help.