• Overclocking
  • CPUs
Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2010 5:20:26 PM

Hello,Hi guys just need a bit of advice about what i have just done

I have the above CPU ATHLON II x3 2.7 and ASUS M4A77D Mother board and iv been looking into over clocking it for to see what would happen so any way messing around in the BIOS in CPU setting is a menu called UNLEASH so i enabled it the it gave me the option to open cores on the CPU and there it was 4 CORES so i enabled that and saved changes reboot the pc and went into BIOS and it was showing PHENOM II X4 (AM3 938) 2.7ghz and L3 cache 6M.

Booted system up and ran CPU-Z this is showing the same ran Windows Eperience and that whent from 6.9 to 7.2 on processor score

Looking good also checked TEMP of cpu through BIOS and all seems fine fingers crossed.

Question is should i be looking out for somthing i dont know about because i done want to fry my CPU or will it be safe?

More about : overclocking amd athlon 425 phenom

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2010 5:46:05 PM

As long as you do not overvolt your CPU and your temps stay below 60c you will be fine =)
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2010 5:48:59 PM

Not touched any of that all looks the same just the 4 core is now unlocked.
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
February 5, 2010 7:07:45 PM

Nice, another budget quad core from a an even cheaper source. :D 
a b À AMD
a b K Overclocking
a c 83 à CPUs
February 5, 2010 8:13:20 PM

You got lucky, the Athlon II X3 usually unlocks into an Athlon II X4, few Athlon II's are Phenom II's with the L3 cache disabled.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
February 6, 2010 6:57:22 AM

Hopefully ;)  Don't know weather to try and push the clock speed up or not its showing 2.7 with L3 6mb cache is it worth try or should i just be greatful it unlocks to PHENOM II x4 :) 
February 15, 2010 1:48:49 PM

Quote:
Yeah you should try 3.2ghz and then check temps running coretemp while running prime95.

this is what i have it setup, same exact processor as the OP and it's been running fine for about a week, its on for about 12 hours a day getting about 4-5 hours play time including crysis

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
February 15, 2010 3:29:45 PM

elpcavy21 said:
this is what i have it setup, same exact processor as the OP and it's been running fine for about a week, its on for about 12 hours a day getting about 4-5 hours play time including crysis

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f36/elpcavy19/320Ghz.jpg

sweet ;)  , another x4 that didnt break the bank...
February 16, 2010 4:20:42 AM

Nice, upgrade......you should run Prime95 for 12hrs or so to see if all the cores pass the stress test.... if that comes up good, definitely go for the overclock too.....why not???

I'd like to hear how it turns out.

a b K Overclocking
a b à CPUs
February 16, 2010 8:13:31 AM

I thought my unlocked Phenom II X3 720BE is cool... well, it still is but unlocked X425 is way cooler...

Well it seems that AMD is locking perfectly good X4 just to be able to sell more at lower price points...
!