Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How do I get character back up to speed?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
June 4, 2005 5:09:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

Being away for over a year, I'm finding that it's basically a different
game. My Novice bounty hunter was doing great back then, but now he's
absolutely outmatched and incompetent when it comes to fighting his bounty
target.

My BH is at combat level 25 and I'm selecting bounty missions in the lowest
difficulty range offered (19-20), yet when I track down my target, they've
been anywhere from level 45-42. Needless to say, I get my arse handed to me
and wake up in the cloning facility before I can say "what the.......".

My first question would be, why would my target be 20 levels above me when
I'm selecting a low difficulty range?
Secondly, is there *anything* I can do to get my bounty hunter up to par so
I can actually take on a bounty target and not have my atoms scattered all
over Tatooine?

I'm a little confused on why they took such a great game and changed it so
much, but I'm willing to give it a chance if I can just get my character to
be able to do his profession.


Ching

More about : character back speed

Anonymous
June 5, 2005 3:10:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"Chingach" <ching00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:4Khoe.10940$az3.1062416@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> Being away for over a year, I'm finding that it's basically a different
> game. My Novice bounty hunter was doing great back then, but now he's
> absolutely outmatched and incompetent when it comes to fighting his bounty
> target.
>
> My BH is at combat level 25 and I'm selecting bounty missions in the
> lowest difficulty range offered (19-20), yet when I track down my target,
> they've been anywhere from level 45-42. Needless to say, I get my arse
> handed to me and wake up in the cloning facility before I can say "what
> the.......".
>
> My first question would be, why would my target be 20 levels above me when
> I'm selecting a low difficulty range?
> Secondly, is there *anything* I can do to get my bounty hunter up to par
> so I can actually take on a bounty target and not have my atoms scattered
> all over Tatooine?
>
> I'm a little confused on why they took such a great game and changed it so
> much, but I'm willing to give it a chance if I can just get my character
> to be able to do his profession.
>
>
> Ching
U need to get your char up a lvl, so get Master Ranged weapon (Master BH and
Master any weapon is lvl 80)
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 2:43:21 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

The biggest thing is that BH no longer requires Master Marksman. Those
skill points are tying you up in a lower CL than you need to be anymore.
While Master Marksman isn't necessarily useless, you may want to spend a
little time going into another elite Ranged Profession, depending on what
your favorite weapon is so that you can get your Level raised. While I
haven't done a lot of BH missions since the CU, with a level 60-80
Smuggler/BH I was able to handle all of the NPC Marks I've encountered so
far. I'm Master Smuggler/Master BH now and haven't had any problem with NPC
Bounties. highest Level Mark I remember having was about 62 or so.

Thanks

The Bar-erras Clan
Lowca Galaxy


"Chingach" <ching00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:4Khoe.10940$az3.1062416@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> Being away for over a year, I'm finding that it's basically a different
> game. My Novice bounty hunter was doing great back then, but now he's
> absolutely outmatched and incompetent when it comes to fighting his bounty
> target.
>
> My BH is at combat level 25 and I'm selecting bounty missions in the
> lowest difficulty range offered (19-20), yet when I track down my target,
> they've been anywhere from level 45-42. Needless to say, I get my arse
> handed to me and wake up in the cloning facility before I can say "what
> the.......".
>
> My first question would be, why would my target be 20 levels above me when
> I'm selecting a low difficulty range?
> Secondly, is there *anything* I can do to get my bounty hunter up to par
> so I can actually take on a bounty target and not have my atoms scattered
> all over Tatooine?
>
> I'm a little confused on why they took such a great game and changed it so
> much, but I'm willing to give it a chance if I can just get my character
> to be able to do his profession.
>
>
> Ching
>
Related resources
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 4:28:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

Thanks, and I'll start working on either rifleman or smuggler to go with my
BH profession.

There's still one thing that I don't understand though. I'm accepting bounty
missions that are at level 19 and 20 (I'm combat level 25); why are my
marks in the 40s and 50s level range when the mission description says that
its a level 20 mission.
This is only the case for BH mission. When I use a regular mission terminal
,and it gives me a destroy mission at level 23, the targets are level 23
when I get there. What am I missing as far as the BH mission level
differences?
June 7, 2005 4:28:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"Chingach" <ching00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:NS5pe.23063$_z6.1754253@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> Thanks, and I'll start working on either rifleman or smuggler to go with
> my BH profession.
>
> There's still one thing that I don't understand though. I'm accepting
> bounty missions that are at level 19 and 20 (I'm combat level 25); why
> are my marks in the 40s and 50s level range when the mission description
> says that its a level 20 mission.
> This is only the case for BH mission. When I use a regular mission
> terminal ,and it gives me a destroy mission at level 23, the targets are
> level 23 when I get there. What am I missing as far as the BH mission
> level differences?

It would be great if they did fix this particular bug with the bounty marks
being a level that contradicts the mission level. The only real solution
right now is to get the weapons xp for the other BH lines and even another
profession to bump your own level up to the 50s+.

That or get a high level friend to run with you to help out.
Anonymous
June 7, 2005 1:25:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

I don't really know for sure how close it was pre-CU since Level as it
existed back then was a VERY relative thing. However, I've seen no
correlation between the Level on the BH Terms and the Level of the Mark at
all. I was checking Jedi postings last night and looking at some of the
Non-Jedi ones as well. The highest mission I could pull for an NPC mark was
92. But I know, having done one at that level before, that the actual mark
would be somewhere in the 40s or 60s at worst as I recall. Jedi bounties of
course are always listed as Level 75 even though they could be anywhere from
Level 12 to Level 80 when you get there. It honestly doesn't take a lot of
Jedi Skill boxes to have Level 80.

Thanks

Ovos Bar-erras
Lowca Galaxy


"Chingach" <ching00@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:NS5pe.23063$_z6.1754253@twister.southeast.rr.com...
> Thanks, and I'll start working on either rifleman or smuggler to go with
> my BH profession.
>
> There's still one thing that I don't understand though. I'm accepting
> bounty missions that are at level 19 and 20 (I'm combat level 25); why
> are my marks in the 40s and 50s level range when the mission description
> says that its a level 20 mission.
> This is only the case for BH mission. When I use a regular mission
> terminal ,and it gives me a destroy mission at level 23, the targets are
> level 23 when I get there. What am I missing as far as the BH mission
> level differences?
>
>
>
>
Anonymous
June 8, 2005 9:05:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starwarsgalaxies (More info?)

"Charlie" <charlesbevels@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:Im9pe.68962$CR5.11512@bignews1.bellsouth.net...

> It would be great if they did fix this particular bug with the bounty
> marks being a level that contradicts the mission level. The only real
> solution right now is to get the weapons xp for the other BH lines and
> even another profession to bump your own level up to the 50s+.
>
> That or get a high level friend to run with you to help out.
>

I agree, I was really disappointed but since my first log-on post CU was
only 11 days ago, I respec'd to a BH/Smuggler combo and it bumped my Combat
Level up three levels. I'm actually having fun with the smuggler
profession, but it sure would have been nice to keep all my Master marksman
and master scout skills and just simply be a bounty hunter. Can't say that I
know what they were thinking when they thought up this CU mess, but I guess
I'll make the most of it and have fun with it.
!