alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i just cloned a drive, 2 sectors were unreadable. is there a way for me to lookup what those 2 sectors were so i can know what files were effected.

the sector numbers were
and

is there a way to do this or is it a lost cause.

sub mesa

Distinguished
The HDD itself should try and recover this, unless you enabled TLER. My guess is that they are too damaged to be recovered.

You can still try this with a commercial app called Spinrite; its very good at fixing physical HDD damage.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
i dont realy care about retrieving the information, im more interested in what the information was part of.

this hard drive largely consists of images i found, video i can get again, and archives i can get again. i would love to know what is damaged so i could re get it if possible

because it was only 2 sectors im guessing that most of the data i couldnt retrieve was nothing i will notice but it would be nice to know 100%

sub mesa

Distinguished
So then you DO want to retrieve the information, right? Why do you say you don't?

You either want to access the data on that harddrive, or not.

If you do, try as suggested; Spinrite will do the job, correct your damage and allow you to check the contents and copy them somewhere safe if you want.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
sorry its hard to explain. i dont care about the info in those sectors, and most likely in normal computer use i would never even notice it was gone. but i would like to know what data was attached to that sector.