8.11 Drivers Released

jaysins

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2006
Good find. I can't believe how fast they are releasing these things. Between beta's and normal drivers I'm downloading drivers every two weeks. The 8.11 beta's crashed my system so I'm anxious how these will work out.

kingtz

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
dammit I just installed 8.10 about a week ago.

EDIT: Just read the release notes, mostly just updates for FarCry 2 and STALKER. Nothing for me here this time.

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
wow :na: that is awsome how fast they do updates at this rate no matter where they go. they will eventually end up with some kick ass drivers

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
They released a patch to fix these issues :lol: . The patch didn't do much for me either.. I have a question guys.. How do I get to where my amd overclock utility will work with the new 8.11 drivers as I am doing a comparison to see if performance improved with my 4870 1GB but, if I can't overclock the card then, well the test will be pointless. Thanks for the help guys.

jthorn

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006

Version 8.10 CCC included a long-awaited manual fan control feature so I am not sure why you need to wait for rivatuner. Unless you feel the 4850 or 4870 has room for an overclock that CCC cannot handle? I am still letting CCC auto control the fan on my 4850 as I do not see temps much above 80c.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Mine goes wayyyy..... past what ccc does "stock voltages exc..". I need to compare drivers but, can't until fix is in place for overclocking either on amd tool or riva tuner, whichever. Thanks again.

What is the resolution u are testing ?
I am testing with 1680x1050 resolution DX10 and everything is maxed out and i got a very bad FPS (20)

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Yeah EPIC FAIL on their part. I still see stuttering in far cry 2 and everything in my machine is high end. I am running the game at 19xx x 1200 and I haven't seen the stuttering stop since I have begun playing the game.... I have the 1GB 4870 and it can run it's core at 870 all day stock voltages exc exc.

BlakHart

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2008
Still getting stuttering and 30 minute crashes on far cry 2 huh?

I was hoping these 8.11's would fix that, I'll install them this weekend and see how they do on my system, not getting my hopes up.

murdoc

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
So I did some 3DMark Vantage test and found that in some areas of the graphics tests, there was a 10% gain so I got all excited and poped open FC2 for testing.

On the old 8.10 drivers with FC2 hotfix I get pretty much 50 fps through out on 1680 x 1050, Ultra high, AA x2 and a low of 43 I think..

On new 8.11 drivers I get 45-48 fps most of the time and occasionally 50 fps. The max that I've got reached 60 but WTH? I got a 10% performance decrease on avg?

The old lag which I get from driving on the cars did not improve. In fact, I started feeling lag when I'm walking normally now.

I don't really like this driver =/

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
I wiped out my OS and reinstalled everything and all my choppy **** is gone now FYI. I think I had reminents of my nvidia card left and it was pissing it off. Bad thing is that there is no way around ccc over clocking limit in sight , for me any way unless some one tells me why my overclock acts funny with these drivers even after flashing the BIOS...

murdoc

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008

well there's a program out there called "Driver Cleaner 3" which helps you clean off all those nvidia files. I wouldn't go though all the trouble of reinstalling my entire OS and program files just to get FC2 to play smooth. I'd rather play something else. There are so many great titles out right now.

I've got Fallout 3 I wanted to try and Left 4 dead that I definitely will get sometime. It's just not worth it.

But for my case, I wouldn't even consider this issue because when I installed Vista x64 Ultimate, I already had my 4870 installed so the first drivers were ATI only. Nvidia drivers couldn't have been the issue.

truehighroller

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2006
Yeah I had an image of my OS and it had nvidia on it. It wasn't that big of a deal because now I will have a fresh image that doesn't have nvidia on it and the difference in FC2 now is asstonishing . Also I used driver cleaner pro to try to get rid of traces of everyhting and that obviously didn't work apparently the game was confiused as it still seen nvidia some where because now everyhting is smooth as butter now I just need to figure out how to get around this driver overclocking,,,,,,, retricted crap,,,,,, I am dealing with.

TRENDING THREADS