4CoreDual -SATA2 overclocking Increasing RAM speed

gsourze

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
Hello,
everybody i have an overclocking question...i have 4CoreDual SATA2 R2.0 motherboard and a QX6800 with DDR2 Dominator 1066 RAM...i want to know what setting can i change that i can make the board run Memory speed as that of RAM...current setting only alows me up to 667Mhz?

adamh9

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
yea, I used to own that board on my old system. While it was nice to use my old AGP card with LGA 775, the BIOS is very limited when it comes to overclocking. If I recall correctly, it has a locked multiplier, which is no good when it comes to overclocking. Sorry buddy.

gsourze

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
It has an unlocked CPU Frequency and as i have read this is the FSB frequency....i have read if i increase this the DRAM frequency will increase too...just want to know if there is a way to increase the DRAM without increasing the FSB. Current choice is AUTO, DDRII 533 and DDRII 667...anyway i can mess with the voltage or anything else in the 4CoreDual SATA2 bios ...i kno its an older system but was looking to build a cheap gaming rig and overclock it! Any advice to getting the DRAM frequencies would be of great help!