GIGABYTE GA-MA770 motherboard concern

ryanpwns

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
ok so i found a good motherboard cpu combo on newegg and this is the board that is comes with has good reviews and everything but i have one major concern wich is the ide connector placement on the board im not sure if my video card is going to take over the spot there i have a pretty big card its a 9600gt. there looks to be two ide cable connectors on the board but listed as only having one, and they are the green one and the black one if the black connector is the ide ill be fine but if its the green one im affraid im going to have a problem with the video card overlapping it making it unusable for me. so can someone tell me weather its the green or black connector ill be using or if they think ill have room to work with if its the green one. heres the link to the board

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128376

thanks alot

ok so i zoomed in on the pic and noticed the green one is the ide so i have no clue weather my video card is going to overlap it or if i can just keep the cord running under the video card if that does happen?

spanner_razor

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
It's a good no frills board that one, I have the revision one version with 2 less sata. Still going nicely but the floppy port is in a stupid place under the first pci slot, but that's fairly standard going now.

ryanpwns

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
ok so i did some more research and i found some things saying i cant use my old ide hard drives on this motherboard if i can just use the one ide port for my existing hard drive that would be great or do i need to upgrade and buy a new sata hard drive to be able to use this mother board? can someone please confirm this please?