Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Corsair h50

Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2010 3:41:08 PM

i finally selected the corsair h50 for my rig. i know people say it's not as good as top of the line air coolers, but i like the small size, the quiteness, the ease of installation, and the "%30 off" price tag ($80 canadian). still, im a little iffy about the performance. what temps should i be expecting (idle and full load) for my Core 2 Quad Q9550 E0 @ 2.83 Ghz? (im planning to oc later) thanks in advance

More about : corsair h50

February 6, 2010 4:56:26 PM

peyman_tp said:
i finally selected the corsair h50 for my rig. i know people say it's not as good as top of the line air coolers, but i like the small size, the quiteness, the ease of installation, and the "%30 off" price tag ($80 canadian). still, im a little iffy about the performance. what temps should i be expecting (idle and full load) for my Core 2 Quad Q9550 E0 @ 2.83 Ghz? (im planning to oc later) thanks in advance

Its best if you assemble everything and then give us temp readings. You can use Core Temp or Real Temp. I hear great things about H50. Make sure that you apply right amount of paste and that its mounted correctly on your cpu. Best of Luck...
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 6, 2010 9:30:57 PM

peyman_tp said:

My results are awesome. I put two fans on the rad, right away, both exhausting out of the case. The pump runs at full off the cpu header, 1500rpm, and the push pull 120mm fans on the rad run at 1500 as well. I use power saving cpu features so I can idle down the teens, prime 95 load for 3.5g is 53c and 4g is 62c all in a 71f degree room. This is with a relatively 'high' vcore. 1.42 at 4.00g. I have a antec wand spot fan on the memory and cpu vr area.
Antec 300
My video card is the 4770, which uses the smaller ATI die, so that helps the system stay cool, along with their being no northbridge in the p55 systems.
Motherboard temp 29c=constant.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

February 7, 2010 12:22:45 AM

I love mine. It takes virtually no space around the cpu, so no need to worry about crowding ram, or hitting the case door.I have a Core I5@4.2. I have mine mounted in the front of my case pulling air from the front with dual fan push/pull setup. My temps are generally about 0-5c above ambient. so far the highest temp ive gotten is 52c with IBT after 2 hour burn.

I would say that the h50 will works great when its in push pull config. a little bit of planning goes a long way.. If the back area of your computer is kinda cramped it may not get the best cool air supply. that was the case for me. so i mounted it up front. my room mate has the same thing on the q9300, he mounted his on the top pulling cold air from above and it works great for him with just a single fan. His temps are virtually the same as mine.
February 7, 2010 4:57:36 PM

thanks for all the answers im gonna use 2 fans for the rad. by the way what does push/pull config mean? i searched all over google and i couldn't find a good definition. im probably gonna place mine outside the case, thou, because my room temps are very cold since i live up north (~18-20C).
m
l
a b K Overclocking
February 7, 2010 5:27:27 PM

Fans on both sides of a heat sink or in this case the radiator.
One fan blowing in to the fins. The other fans situated the same way direction on the opposite side of the radiator. So it will suck and blow out.
m
l
February 16, 2010 1:20:38 AM

thanks for answer i installed it and I LOVE IT!! my q9550 (@ 3.5 Ghz) never goes past 45C. Plus, it's quiet, easy to install, light, and it looks cool!. definately recommend it to others. BTW i put 2 fans on the radiator in a push/pull config.
m
l
November 10, 2012 5:07:29 PM

Best answer selected by peyman_tp.
m
l
!