GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P X58 - Questions

I am looking to get the GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD4P X58 motherboard in the next 3 months or so.

1.) Which G.Skill 6GB (3 x 2GB) 1333 DDR3 (PC3 10666) memory kit will work?

a.) G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) (F3-10666CL9T-6GBNQ) 9 Cas Latency at 9-9-9-24, 1.5v - $149.99 on NewEgg (Red Kit)
or
b.) G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) (F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK) 7 Cas Latency at 7-7-7-18, 1.5 - 1.6v - $139.99 on NewEgg (Blue Kit)

2.) Which PSU to get if I am only getting 1 GTX285? Can I use just EPS12V on this motherboard? Trying to see if I can get away with this PC Power & Cooling PSU for $79.99 on NewEgg after MIR, or if I need to get the ATX12V/EPS12V model, which is more expensive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341011http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341011

Any input or experience with this setup is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Misfit14
12 answers Last reply
More about gigabyte ex58 ud4p questions
  1. The pc power and cooling for $79.99 will work fine with one video card.
  2. o1die said:
    The pc power and cooling for $79.99 will work fine with one video card.

Thanks o1die!
  3. I went with a on the ram, I have the same motherboard.

Computer runs like a dream, however the memory does not show up at the right specs, I had to manually change the timings and am still trying to find out how to get it at the rated clock.

But it DOES work.
  4. The second RAM listed (F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK) has better timings, but as Burritoclock stated, you will need to manually set the RAM since it doesn't have XMP (Have a look at OCZ3X1600LV6GK, it's not much more). As far as the PSU, as old1e said, that one is excellent. I just built a Core i7 system with it, it will be great for your build.
  5. Thanks everyone for the input. You answered my questions.
  6. Burritoclock said:
    I went with a on the ram, I have the same motherboard.

Computer runs like a dream, however the memory does not show up at the right specs, I had to manually change the timings and am still trying to find out how to get it at the rated clock.

But it DOES work.

Glad to hear someones EX58-UD4p is running like a dream. No matter what I've tried, my hard drives show up as IDE instead of SATA on the Intel ports and I lost my sound after xp updates (arrrg!). Tried XP Pro sp3 with Intel Matrix drivers slipstreamed and also Windows 7 beta. I went with the CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Kit. and have no problems concerning ram.
  7. I have the EX58-UDP4 and the same corsair memory as you but i have huge problems. The system shuts down at random aparently when i am downloading from the network and when i try to connect a external hardrive on the esata it hang when i try to copy something from it. If i put it on firewire it seams to work. If you have any sugestions plese let me know.

EX58-UDP4, CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666), xfx geforce gtx260 adff, fsp everest 800W
  8. I have the EX58-UDP4 and the same corsair memory as you but i have huge problems. The system shuts down at random aparently when i am downloading from the network and when i try to connect a external hardrive on the esata it hang when i try to copy something from it. If i put it on firewire it seams to work. If you have any sugestions plese let me know.

EX58-UDP4, CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666), xfx geforce gtx260 adff, fsp everest 800W

Everything seems to be running fine with mine. Are you running Windows 7? Did you try running memtest http://www.memtest.org/ .
    Also I am not running windows drivers for ATI video or Realtek network, I got these drivers from their respective manufacturers. I did update my BIOS to F7e http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/gigabyte-latest-bios-28441/ .
  9. I am running VIsta business 64 bit. On this thread someone has the same issue with downloading and sugested a specific driver 4 me: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/page-257788_12_0.html . I will try his version. Anyway, thx 4 your imput cptblackeye

The driver didn't work. I have the F6 bios update, i didn't see a F7 on the gigabyte site and am not considering geting one from any other site. Am curently running on a pci ethernet card and the onboard lan disabled. This is most likely the cause of the shutdowns. The other stuff i mentioned earlier seam to work fine now. Hope someone has a suggestion on fixing the onboard lan otherwise i am going to the store with the waranty.
  10. The problem is from the LAN and the only solution was to send the board back, and i received a new one. Just got it today. Seems fine. It had the F5 bios preinstalled.
  11. I have the EX58-UDP4 and the same corsair memory as you but i have huge problems. The system shuts down at random aparently when i am downloading from the network and when i try to connect a external hardrive on the esata it hang when i try to copy something from it. If i put it on firewire it seams to work. If you have any sugestions plese let me know.

++++

I have the same mobo, you have any luck with the esata?? I cannot get mine to work on my esata case. It freezes when i connect then back ot normal when i disconnect. Other than this work pretty good.

CPU: Intel Core 920 @2.67GHz (8CPUs),~2.8GHz (NO Overclock) This is a loner until tuesday exchange with NEW
    Mobo: Gigabyte EX58-UD4P (NO Overclock)
    Bios: Sign EX58-UD4P F8
    RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1600C8 G
    Video Card: Diamond ATI HD 4850 Video Card (512MB, PCI-Express) ( NO Overclock
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 922
    Power Supply: Silent Pro M600 Watt
  12. I have the Antec Sonata Elite case with esata in the front and the esata bracket in the back. I have used both front and back ports with the Thermaltake BlacX External Hard Drive SATA Enclosure Docking Station esata connector on both XP Pro SP3 and Windows 7 Beta without any problems. Did you install the Gigabyte Raid configurer and Intel Matrix Storage Manager? Are the peripheral devives set up as AHCI or Raid in the BIOS? I don't know if it makes a difference but with XP Pro I pulled out one stick of ram and am only using 2 sticks in dual channel. When I had all 3 sticks in for triple channel I got a couple of memory error messages from XP. All ram checks out fine with memtest and 6GB works beautifully with Windows 7 Beta 64. BTW I have have esata ports connected to the onboard Gigabyte ports. I hope this helps.
Ask a new question

Read More

Gigabyte DDR3 Motherboards Product