Tags:
  • AMD
  • Cooler Master
  • Thermal Compound
  • Temperature
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 6, 2010 5:16:31 PM

I recently bought a Cooler Master hyper 212 plus for my Athlon II x2 245. It was getting up to 57C load on stock cooling.
So I installed it, but didn't have any thermal paste except the stuff that came with it.
Temps are back up past 45C load. I was hoping to overvolt it and get to 4ghz but I don't want to risk temps in the 60s.
Is it really my crappy thermal paste or did I install it wrong? It's only a 65w processor...

More about : temperature athlon

February 6, 2010 6:08:34 PM

jryan388 said:
I recently bought a Cooler Master hyper 212 plus for my Athlon II x2 245. It was getting up to 57C load on stock cooling.
So I installed it, but didn't have any thermal paste except the stuff that came with it.
Temps are back up past 45C load. I was hoping to overvolt it and get to 4ghz but I don't want to risk temps in the 60s.
Is it really my crappy thermal paste or did I install it wrong? It's only a 65w processor...

What is your voltage full load?
It might be the thermal paste, I wouldnt immagine that is easy to re apply. But its cheap to go find out if that is the problem. I am at 1.4v load on an athlon II x4 and I get up to 48c (running prime 95)
m
l
!