Sign in with
Your question

SLOVED!!! WHERE TO FIND AMD Chipset Drivers???

Last response: in Motherboards
February 15, 2009 10:02:00 AM

Um, just like the my thread name. WHERE DO I GET AMD CHIPSETS Drivers?(looking for 780/790 series)
Intel, I know TOO WELL, go intel.com, about intel, downloads, chipsets, etc.
Nvidia, just go nvidia.com>download drivers
ATi: ati.com>graphic drivers
Realtek: realtek.com.tw> downloads
Asus: too lazy to type....
(AS U CAN SEE I know where to find drivers)
BUT AMD WHERE would i find it?
the reason why im asking is because of the following reasons:
1. I might get a Phenom II build
2. For knowledge sake
3. Because what if my motherboard manufacture (gigabyte, asus) DOESN'T update their drivers on their site. then either I HAVE TO USE A year old drivers OR no chipset drivers when a new OS launches(win 7).

PS: If your mind has drifted away from the topic, don't worry. I'll ask it again:
Quote:
WHERE IN THIS WORLD DO I GET LATEST AMD 780/790 CHIPSET DRIVERS on the web???

OTHER THAN MY motherboard manufacture site AND MY INSTALLATION CD plz.

EDIT: MY ANSWER/SOLUTION IS THE LAST POST!!! JUST SCROLL DOWN :sol: 
February 16, 2009 7:37:40 AM

GhislainG said:
ATI Products, Motherboard Chipsets.

http://www.amd.com/us-en/Processors/ProductInformation/...

I said drivers not information on AMD chipsets. BUT THANKS ANYWAYS NOW I KNOW WHERE TO FIND INFO on AMD chipsets.
Seriously, i hate the way AMD made their site. :o 

BACK TO TOPIC! READ the first post.
Related resources
February 16, 2009 11:06:33 AM

SOLUTION: Go to game.amd.com then click on "drivers & tools", select
"ATI Catalyst™ <catlayst version eg: 9.1> Display Driver for <OS NAME HERE> - Motherboard/IGP Drivers<<<<IMPORTANT TO CHOOSE MOTHERBOARD/IGP

Then if your OS is Vista and if you are using an ATi graphic card download the "Catalyst Software Suite (32 bit) English Only" driver. Then, scroll down and download "South Bridge Driver"(INF driver in disguise i think????), "RAID Driver"(u should know what this is), and "RAID Utility"(IDK what this is, but if you are using amd 7** series chipset, I THINK this is NOT required). Now install ALL of them 1 by 1. And if it asks for a restart, restart B4 installing the next driver.

Then if your OS is XP and If you are using an ATi graphic card download the Catalyst Software Suite. Then under "Optional Downloads" click "Individual driver download packages and Avivo™" and download "South Bridge Driver"(INF driver in disguise i think????), "RAID Driver"(u should know what this is), and "RAID Utility"(IDK what this is, but if you are using AMD 7** series chipset, I THINK this is not required). Download "GART Driver" if you are using an AGP bus system (if its a new computer DON'T INSTALL THIS UPDATE bcoz new computers come with PCI-E). Now install ALL of them 1 by 1. And if it asks for a restart, restart B4 installing the next driver.

AFTER THIS U WILL BE HAPPY if u have been scratching your head if ur motherboard manufacture gives out OLD DRIVERS!!! :D  :D  :D  :D 

TO AMD: ORGANIZE UR SITE BETTER!!!! ITS LIKE ****!!! look how nvidia merge ALL THE BLOOD DRIVERS EASILY!!! :sweat:  :ouch:  :(  :??:  :pt1cable: 

PS: I haven't tested the steps above (because i don't have an AMD system) BUT i believe if you follow my instructions, everything will be trouble-free. :D  :D  :D 
a b \ Driver
a c 236 V Motherboard
February 16, 2009 8:52:30 PM

akash3656 said:
I said drivers not information on AMD chipsets. BUT THANKS ANYWAYS NOW I KNOW WHERE TO FIND INFO on AMD chipsets.
Seriously, i hate the way AMD made their site. :o 

BACK TO TOPIC! READ the first post.

Your initial post contained this quote: "WHERE IN THIS WORLD DO I GET LATEST AMD 780/790 CHIPSET DRIVERS on the web???". I answered the question about the 7 Series chipset only.

For the 7 Series chipset drivers, go to the link that I provided, then click "AMD 790FX, 790X, 770 Chipsets for Ultimate Gamers and HD Enthusiasts", then click "Download AMD 7-Series Chipset drivers" on the next page and download the one(s) that you need.
February 17, 2009 5:08:09 AM

Sorry my bad, but ghislaing your method I see NO 'Southbridge Diver' which is i think AMD's INF driver in disguise. BUT HEY, its OK and lets leave this thread to rest.
!