What is the capacity of windows xp folder?

Hello,
what is the capacity of windows xp folder?
7 answers Last reply
More about what capacity windows folder
  1. Quite a bit, in fact I can put the entire contents of a computer in one folder.
    If you are having a specific problem please give all the details to the forum.
  2. About 3 gallons. I think you need to figure out better what question you are really trying to ask.
  3. Bigger than you could possibly need.
  4. It's vast and expansive, really large.
  5. soundguruman said:
    Quite a bit, in fact I can put the entire contents of a computer in one folder.
    If you are having a specific problem please give all the details to the forum.

I am trying to convert all the ATRAC (.OMA) audio files on my Windows XP PC to MP3 and place the conversions in a single folder (under sub-directories within the folder) I got about halfway and got an error message saying "not enough storage space".

I do have spare hard drive capacity, but there seems to be a smaller limit on the folder size.

Thanks
  6. Quote:
    I am trying to convert all the ATRAC (.OMA) audio files on my Windows XP PC to MP3 and place the conversions in a single folder (under sub-directories within the folder) I got about halfway and got an error message saying "not enough storage space".

I do have spare hard drive capacity, but there seems to be a smaller limit on the folder size.

Thanks

You dug up a topic that is 2 years old. In you case, if the drive is formatted as FAT32, you are limited to a file size of 4 gig. Other than that, I don't think there is a folder size limit although I belive there is a directory depth limit (limit on nested folders).
  7. Hawkeye22 said:
    You dug up a topic that is 2 years old.

:ouch:
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP