Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

What is the capacity of windows xp folder?

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
March 23, 2011 4:44:28 AM

Hello,
what is the capacity of windows xp folder?
March 23, 2011 4:46:32 AM

Quite a bit, in fact I can put the entire contents of a computer in one folder.
If you are having a specific problem please give all the details to the forum.
March 23, 2011 1:04:03 PM

About 3 gallons. I think you need to figure out better what question you are really trying to ask.
Related resources
March 23, 2011 3:15:03 PM

Bigger than you could possibly need.
March 23, 2011 7:18:11 PM

It's vast and expansive, really large.
Anonymous
February 27, 2013 6:19:08 AM

soundguruman said:
Quite a bit, in fact I can put the entire contents of a computer in one folder.
If you are having a specific problem please give all the details to the forum.


I am trying to convert all the ATRAC (.OMA) audio files on my Windows XP PC to MP3 and place the conversions in a single folder (under sub-directories within the folder) I got about halfway and got an error message saying "not enough storage space".

I do have spare hard drive capacity, but there seems to be a smaller limit on the folder size.

Thanks
February 27, 2013 12:12:10 PM

Quote:
I am trying to convert all the ATRAC (.OMA) audio files on my Windows XP PC to MP3 and place the conversions in a single folder (under sub-directories within the folder) I got about halfway and got an error message saying "not enough storage space".

I do have spare hard drive capacity, but there seems to be a smaller limit on the folder size.

Thanks


You dug up a topic that is 2 years old. In you case, if the drive is formatted as FAT32, you are limited to a file size of 4 gig. Other than that, I don't think there is a folder size limit although I belive there is a directory depth limit (limit on nested folders).
February 27, 2013 12:40:04 PM

Hawkeye22 said:
You dug up a topic that is 2 years old.

:ouch: 
!