My Computer

The view in the "My Computer" window has changed to thumbnail view, and I
can't restore it to its original layout. I can change it to the usual folder
views i.e. List, Tiles, Titles, Details etc. but not to how it was as
default. I had this problem before and I was kindly directed to a tool which
I was able to use to correct this, but I have since lost the link. If anyone
knows how to find this tool, or has another solution, I would greatly
appreciate it.

Turn on show in groups.

"Leon10" <Leon10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1409F93-A453-4D53-A757-B3F74DEC1AEB@microsoft.com...
> The view in the "My Computer" window has changed to thumbnail view, and I
> can't restore it to its original layout. I can change it to the usual folder
> views i.e. List, Tiles, Titles, Details etc. but not to how it was as
> default. I had this problem before and I was kindly directed to a tool which
> I was able to use to correct this, but I have since lost the link. If anyone
> knows how to find this tool, or has another solution, I would greatly
> appreciate it.

This does not work, it seperates each of the icons i.e. shared folders, C
Drive, G Drive, Floppy Drive etc. and marks each one with a letter:- D, L, M,
R, S, V and Other.

"David Candy" wrote:

> Turn on show in groups.

> "Leon10" <Leon10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1409F93-A453-4D53-A757-B3F74DEC1AEB@microsoft.com...
> > The view in the "My Computer" window has changed to thumbnail view, and I
> > can't restore it to its original layout. I can change it to the usual folder
> > views i.e. List, Tiles, Titles, Details etc. but not to how it was as
> > default. I had this problem before and I was kindly directed to a tool which
> > I was able to use to correct this, but I have since lost the link. If anyone
> > knows how to find this tool, or has another solution, I would greatly
> > appreciate it.

Mike

Splendid

I don't know whether in the 'my computer' toolbar (along the top of the my
computer window), 'tools>folder options' might do the trick, if you can find
the right options here, or maybe even restore defaults? I am no expert so
try at your own risk!!

"Leon10" wrote:

> This does not work, it seperates each of the icons i.e. shared folders, C
> Drive, G Drive, Floppy Drive etc. and marks each one with a letter:- D, L, M,
> R, S, V and Other.
>
> "David Candy" wrote:
>
> > Turn on show in groups.
> >
> > --
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > http://webdiary.smh.com.au/archives/_comment/001075.html
> > "Leon10" <Leon10@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1409F93-A453-4D53-A757-B3F74DEC1AEB@microsoft.com...
> > > The view in the "My Computer" window has changed to thumbnail view, and I
> > > can't restore it to its original layout. I can change it to the usual folder
> > > views i.e. List, Tiles, Titles, Details etc. but not to how it was as
> > > default. I had this problem before and I was kindly directed to a tool which
> > > I was able to use to correct this, but I have since lost the link. If anyone
> > > knows how to find this tool, or has another solution, I would greatly
> > > appreciate it.

Sweetie718

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2007
I had the same issue with the "My Computer" folder format changing (the categories just disappeared). It was solved by right-clicking> arrange icons by > selecting "Type" and "Show in Groups." I tried everything before that but the trick seemed to be selecting both "type" and "show in groups," instead of choosing one or the other.