XFX warranty replacement = not happy customer...

sirsaechao

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
My XFX 8800GT crapped out. Sent it back to XFX. Excellent customer service btw. My only complaint it...I had a 670Mhz GPU that took a dump. XFX sent me a "670Mhz" replacement card. Installed it. Checked on NVIDIA Control Panel...only registering 600Mhz??? WTF? Am I doing something wrong here? I can overclock the card on NTune but why does the sticker w/ serial number and order number PV-T88P-YDD4 telling my this replacement card is 670Mhz when it is only 600Mhz...

dagger

Splendid
Mar 23, 2008

Maybe they ran out of factory overclocked versions. It's the same thing anyway. Just oc it to 670mhz.

sirsaechao

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
The sticker is misleading...who are they trying to fool? Why not just say it's a 600Mhz instead of stamping 670Mhz and think this is ok and that no one will notice...

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Most people probably wouldn't have noticed......how many guys actually look at these software tools? A lot of consumers likely stick the card in the machine, say oh, it plays my games nice. Cool. Then don't worry about it until the machine is slow again.

sirsaechao

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2008
That is what upsets me. Their customer service was excellent. Always keeping me on the loop. Then they try to slide one past me like I won't notice. Come on...

wh3resmycar

Distinguished

majority of people who buy GPUs has technical knowledge. its not like your purchasing a tv or any other piece of home entertainment system, where a salesman can fool you out of it. i mean you didnt bought an 8800gt because you saw it on the store, you purchased it by doing a bit of background research. especially if its factory OCd.

if theres a PC gamer out there who hasnt tinkered with tools like rivatuner or ntune, or GPU-z, they should stick to the consoles.

TRENDING THREADS