Sign in with
Your question

Can anyone test my graphic?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 14, 2008 2:16:53 AM

Is there a download video clip to test my graphic card on my new monitor? I still can't tell if I need to upgrade my graphic card since I bought a brand new latest top-of-end monitor. I need to know what I am missing before I decide to upgrade my graphic card. I still use VGA output from my OEM pc to the monitor. (My pc is 5 years old with Pentium 4 3.00 GHZ).

I have a DVD player, I watched the DVD movies and I dunno if I see a difference.

More about : test graphic

November 14, 2008 3:09:48 AM

Can anyone help me to my graphic? I am still debating myself to see if I have to buy a new graphic card or not.
November 14, 2008 6:47:12 AM

C'mon...I know you can answer my question.
Related resources
November 14, 2008 7:12:13 AM

I dont get what your asking here. dvd player? movies ? ahhh there going to look the same no matter what vid card you get. sounds like you got some money to waste, send some to me :) 
November 14, 2008 7:30:33 AM

My question is, how can I tell if I need to improve my graphic card? (no gaming, just for watching a movie out of Internet or DVD)
November 14, 2008 7:37:31 AM

In the olden days of the there was a definite quality difference between using a VGA interface (D-Sub) compared to using a DVI connection with an LCD monitor.
I've always used a DVI connection since I only got my first LCD monitor this last Spring, so others will have to chime in and back me up, or shoot me down on whether there is a noticeable quality difference between VGA and DVI, and if they think a newer graphics card with a DVI output is worth your time & money.
Anybody?
November 14, 2008 9:54:19 AM

lol I dunno. Come on, can anyone answer? lol
November 14, 2008 5:36:32 PM

Come on, people...answer my god damn question.
a c 190 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 14, 2008 6:18:03 PM

Yes, a newer graphics card would be of benefit, many now have built-in decoding hardware which will help your Celeron no end and smooth out the replay. As another benefit a number are also compliant with High Defenition playback and display, so will work with Blu-ray and HDDVD provided you have a suitable player/drive and your monbitor supports it.
The actual quality will depend on the resoloution of the disc being played the size of the monitor and type of software employed but ultimately a DVD image is only so big and, if enlarged to fit a big display will loose crispness.
BTW the type of card in question will not need to be expensive, after all, you do n`t need gaming power, just the hardware decode bit, although, I`m not sure how a 5 year old Celeron will handle Blu-ray playback, if that`s an issue?
Also, you might find this helpful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video

And please stop using bad language, it`s not big, it`s not clever, it`s not acceptable:( 
a c 190 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 14, 2008 6:34:09 PM

Where did I get Celeron from?
November 15, 2008 3:34:25 AM

coozie7 said:
Yes, a newer graphics card would be of benefit, many now have built-in decoding hardware which will help your Celeron no end and smooth out the replay. As another benefit a number are also compliant with High Defenition playback and display, so will work with Blu-ray and HDDVD provided you have a suitable player/drive and your monbitor supports it.
The actual quality will depend on the resoloution of the disc being played the size of the monitor and type of software employed but ultimately a DVD image is only so big and, if enlarged to fit a big display will loose crispness.
BTW the type of card in question will not need to be expensive, after all, you do n`t need gaming power, just the hardware decode bit, although, I`m not sure how a 5 year old Celeron will handle Blu-ray playback, if that`s an issue?
Also, you might find this helpful:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video

And please stop using bad language, it`s not big, it`s not clever, it`s not acceptable:( 

It looks like you're telling me that the only improvement I need to buy the graphic card if I want to go for blu-ray or HDDVD. I guess, I don't need to upgrade my 5 years old graphic card since I still watch movies on DVD. I don't know about the graphic for internet movies (like download clips, watching youtube, etc). If I want to go for blu-ray, I guess the best for money is to buy PS3. I wish to watch football on HDTV, but I'd prefer to play a game in PS3 than watching a football game.
November 15, 2008 3:35:13 AM

Unless, I guess if I buy the USB Pinnacle HDTV tuner to plug in PS3 - it might work to have a HDTV though ps3.
!