Converting XP language from French to English

Hi,

I live in France, although I'm English. I've just bought a new PC from
here, and XP is installed in French. Can I convert this to English? I've
read about language packs to convert *from* English to another language,
but not from a language *to* English....

Thanks,

Martin

There are no conversion packs to switch the installed
operating system from any language to another, if you want
an English language system you must buy an English language
installation CD/package. If you have enough hard drive
space, you can do dual boot, otherwise you need to format
and install the new version.
If the French dealer will cooperate, they might allow you to
return that computer and order an English system.
The language packs do not change the command menus, they add
dictionary and character font sets.

some support

"Martin Hughes" <martin@designersounds.co.uk> wrote in
message news:ez37NkUuFHA.2664@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

Martin Hughes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I live in France, although I'm English. I've just bought a new PC from
> here, and XP is installed in French. Can I convert this to English? I've
> read about language packs to convert *from* English to another language,
> but not from a language *to* English....

You cannot upgrade or convert from one language version of the OS
to another, so you'll have to purchase and use the full version of
WinXP (in whatever language you want) to perform a clean installation.

Cannot Upgrade or Install a Different Language Version of Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;282089

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Though you can't convert French Windows to English Windows, you can now get full UK-spec Dell computers in France. They come with UK (or American) keyboards, English-version windows 7, English version Office, etc. Shipping is included, to any address in France. The purchase is covered by Dell's 1-year guarantee for France--if anything goes wrong, Dell collects your machine, repairs it, and then return it to you--at no cost to you. (PCs purchased in the UK and brought over are not guaranteed). The special-order service is provided by Anglo Computer at http://dell4france.weebly.com. They'll even help you for free to configure your PC to suit your specific needs and budget--all in English.