Nvidia is rebranding again, get your wallets out.

blackwater11

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2008
Looks like Nvidia is ramping up the same tech again under a different name (again). "introducing the brand new 270 & 290! We want all fanboy's on high alert! When these cards hit the market just in time for the holiday's to boost quarterly margins, you guys better be ready! I want wallets out, and mouths open because there literally are shovels full of it this time!

If you 280 guys are wondering what has happened, just take it as a glancing blow - you're not off your feet yet! Stay positive and stay in the game! Here's a tip - if you've already spent all your money on a 280 you can upgrade and trade in. To cover the remaining cost of the new 270 / 290's you can pawn your valuables with the YouPawnIt Program. Currently they are accepting broken TV's, Ipods, pleather goods, any household appliances..
Best of luck and happy holidays,
Cheers,
Blackwater11

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
get over it and research before purchasing:) stop blaming companies:D Nvidia doing a good thing, they get idiots to buy their revisions and then creates price drops:D

Don't worry... be happy:D

rangers

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007
i don't think overcharging from the start of a new revision is a good thing, for a start it will piss off your customers that have all ready purchased and put off your future customers from buying, that lets ati come in with cheaper prices and a better product (this time). The hole nvidia find themselves in just now has got nothing to do with ati and everything to do with nvidia

So, nVidia may be coming in with a few 55nm cards, and get a small new naming, this is all good, and if its a new node as expected, why not? I just hope their pricing will be smart, as in nice and competitive. I expect theres a possibility that ATI may have something in the works as well. Plus, Ive been hearing about price cuts, so all is good so far

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
That's true, but I mean look at alot of cars that come out....2008 2007. most of which are almost exactly the same as previous models. lol

Most ppl buy it think OMG soo much better, but those people don't research:).

Honestly I don't kno why any1 would get mad if either ATI or Nvidia or Intel did this. I mean most people that make proper builds, research and go forum hunting to see what card is which.

Anywho Plz buy their cards so it can driver ATI prices down so i can grab another X2:D

Thank you!!!!

This time, at least its a legit reason to rename, and not stupid by adding a + on the end heheh. nVidias made themselves look abit foolish in all this renaming, and theyll have to live with it, but this time, to me its legit, for a good reason. And maybe well see better perf or pricing or both from the green team, and as L1qu1d said, lower the ATI prices as well

L1qu1d

Splendid
Sep 29, 2007
We thought the GX2 was pure cr@p when it came, right now its one of the most wanted cards:)

So u never know. i mean remember the 280 GTX is still the strongest single GPU out to date.

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007

Too bad the $200-$300 4870 and GTX 260 are good enough for anybody and any game. The GTX 280 is nothing more than a vanity purchase. I guess you can say the same for the 4870 X2 unless you are running dual monitors/high res.

anonymous x

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008
who cares, it just means more choices for me
as an enthusiast i like making my own decisions for my PC hardware, and I want to have the exact specs I want for the price. If you are too lazy to read reviews to see which card is faster, then go buy a prebuilt system where someone makes the choices for you.
people get very finicky about their cpu choices (look at how many cpus ,revisions and steppings intel has released), why not GPUs?