Sudhesh

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
Hi,
I have a HP m8100y desktop. My old (& poor) graphics card just died on me. I am limited by these factors: PCI express x16 slot only 1 wide and a 350W power supply.

I saw these two that I liked:
1. ASUS ENGT220/DI/1GD2(LP) GeForce GT 220 1GB 128-bit DDR2
2. EVGA 01G-P3-1226-LR GeForce GT 220 1GB 128-bit DDR3

The memory speed is about the only difference I've noticed. Is the DDR3 worth the extra $s?

PS. I'm not a serious gamer, and need it more for Adobe Premiere CS3 video editing.

Any other card I should look at?

Cheers
Sudhesh

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
I am not familiar with which GPUs will assist you with CS3, but I do know that DDR2 cripples a videocard, when directly compared to the same card with DDR3.

More memory bandwidth is always nice, but the GT220 won't be too effected by it especially if you are just using Adobe Premier CS3. You may also want to look into a Radeon 4650, or even a 4670 if you plan to play some modern games on medium settings.

G

i am a serious GTA san andreas online player (www.sa-mp.com)
i bought DDR3 GPU of gigabyte that u mentioned.

problem is that, maybe thats fine for newest games but for GTA SA its not,...

with that DDR3 GPU i cant do the following thing:-

shooting and aiming target by right clicking while also moving left or right using keyboards arrow keys...
for 3rd man shooter or first man shooting, i cant move while shooting a nd targetting with DDR3 GPU (graphics processing unit)

dont worry, my motherboard is capable of core i7 processors wheras i installed core i3. and my ram is 2 GB with intel motherboard dp55wb.

so i sold the card. maybe tomorrow or day after tomorrow i will buy DDR2 GPU .
meanwhile my PC is off. its my laptop from where i am typing here..

regards

asif
bangladesh