Unloading pics from my digital camera

buckfish

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
Hello,
when I connected my digital camera to the computer a box used to come up that would allow me to take pictures off and it is GONE How do I get it back.This was not from a photo program that we installed. It was on the computer when we got it. It would come up as soon as you plugged the usb cord from the camera to the computer

What is the make and model of the machine?
It is the software, perhaps downloadable from the computer manufacturer's website, a lot of times they provide backup files on line, depends on the manufacturer. Also the computer may have come with a backup disk of the software.
This is a type of "camera window" software, pops up when you plug in the camera. Provides a quicker upload...
look in the list of programs and see if there is a camera interface, delete that and install the newest available.

buckfish

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2011
The computer is a Ultra Evolution A181 BTO AMD . We got it at a computer Consulting place. We think it is a built in Windows Program because it was also on our old computer. It would pop up as soon as you connected any camera to the usb port. It gave you many options and one was to download your pictures and put them into your picture file automatically. We had this up until I downloaded a trial version of Photoshop . I have since deleted that and since then the box is gone and now cannot take pictures off of my camera. Any help is appreciated because we do not understand a lot about computers!!!!!!!!