Asus HD5850 normal temps?

crooked vulture

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2009
I just got a new gfx card after my previous one broke/died. Just wondering what normal temps are for this card? Currently it's around 45C idle and 55C under load. I don't want it to die like my other card.

Also, are the drivers that come with the card ok to use or should I download new drivers?

(and how do you mark a thread solved? I'm unable to edit threads). :pfff:

Thanks, crooked.

hernan9999

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2010
maybe you need a powerfull cooler.idk exactly but i think you at least need a 650w cooler.motherboard and processor wont break you a graphic card

LoneWolf_53

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
You do not have a problem with temperature. 55C under load is perfectly fine.

Anytime you purchase a piece of hardware it's good to get into the habit of checking the vendors site to see if there are any newer drivers than what came with the CD.

More often than not drivers have been updated between the time the product was made and shipped out with what was available at the time of shipping.

This applies to graphics cards, motherboards, printers, etc.

DinkyDogg

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Normally the temp marks are :

Till it frys - 110C
Safe temp under load - 85C
Temp for OC'ing - 75C (at idle i think)

Keep in mind this can be unpredictable as you Gfx card heats up, itll heat up the air around it etc etc, so set a mark you'd like to keep it under (eg mines 70)

As for drivers, I've had some bad experience with drivers, and my advice is research the drivers before installing/downloading, as sometimes they can cause more problems then fix them