Asus HD5850 normal temps?

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Asus
  • Drivers
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
February 8, 2010 5:54:23 PM

I just got a new gfx card after my previous one broke/died. Just wondering what normal temps are for this card? Currently it's around 45C idle and 55C under load. I don't want it to die like my other card.

Also, are the drivers that come with the card ok to use or should I download new drivers?

(and how do you mark a thread solved? I'm unable to edit threads). :pfff: 

Thanks, crooked.

More about : asus hd5850 normal temps

February 8, 2010 8:26:38 PM

which graphic card you exactly have?
February 9, 2010 6:26:09 AM

Asus ATI Radeon HD 5850 1GB GDDR5
Related resources
February 9, 2010 12:49:18 PM

maybe you need a powerfull cooler.idk exactly but i think you at least need a 650w cooler.motherboard and processor wont break you a graphic card
a b K Overclocking
February 9, 2010 10:46:42 PM

You do not have a problem with temperature. 55C under load is perfectly fine.

Anytime you purchase a piece of hardware it's good to get into the habit of checking the vendors site to see if there are any newer drivers than what came with the CD.

More often than not drivers have been updated between the time the product was made and shipped out with what was available at the time of shipping.

This applies to graphics cards, motherboards, printers, etc.
February 13, 2010 11:36:34 PM

Normally the temp marks are :

Till it frys - 110C
Safe temp under load - 85C
Temp for OC'ing - 75C (at idle i think)

Keep in mind this can be unpredictable as you Gfx card heats up, itll heat up the air around it etc etc, so set a mark you'd like to keep it under (eg mines 70)

As for drivers, I've had some bad experience with drivers, and my advice is research the drivers before installing/downloading, as sometimes they can cause more problems then fix them

!