Lets make an OVERCLOCKING guide section....

bigstott

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
Lets see if we can gather all the good information on overclocking the i7's especially some of the stuff that overshocked has written and compile it all into a QUESTIONS ABOUT OVERCLOCKING??? READ THIS FIRST sticky. He has and others have written great things about what the values mean and how to do it. It just think it would be wise to put it all on one forum. There are many people asking some of the same questions that can be answered by these write ups.... If anyone wants to add to them them we can...... but i think it would help keep the forum cleaner... and get down to some specific questions and not general.....

Just my thought... anyone else think this is a good idea???

I think it is a great Idea... The same goes for the Phenoms... I am currently working on the Overclocking Guide for AM3 chips, hopefully it will be done by the end of Feb, I have too many things going on at the same time!!

We need a sticky that say's "READ BEFORE YOU ASK ANYTHING" ......

bigstott

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I just think I would help everyone out... not that we all don't mind giving people advice but if it is the same thing over and over... put it up and then we can get down to the real problems people are having with their overclocks... like boot issues with high clocks or bios values... etc....

Yes inlcude AMD too!!!
I guess we need someone to up keep on the post too... provide links, update when needed, so on so forth.... MODS?? any Ideas on the best way to do this??

Contrary opinion:
I doubt if it would do any real good.

We have just two homebuilt forums here. And many still post, "Computer won't POST. Help!" - without reading the stickies.

It's a good idea, and I'll support it, but I do not think it will make much difference.

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
I agree it wouldnt do much good concerning stupid posts, but some great guides end up being lost and nobody can find them.

We should just start a thread that has links to all the guides in it, then sticky that thread. Agree?

bigstott

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010
I think that will work overshocked.... can you gather the ones you wrote and post them here? I have a few of them but not sure if i have them all... I guess I will create the post that we can sticy... what should the title be so we can draw attention to it??

andy5174

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009

First you need some AMD guide writters like you which I haven't seen any so far.

Maybe Intel owners are more generous in helping others. :p

overshocked

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
@jack
I think that may be a little daunting if we do it that way. WE would definetly need to orginize it better and give a 1-2 sentence summary of what the thread is about.

@ Bigstott
Look at my sig for all the guides, the only two that it is missing is the...
Sub-z insulation thread-Not on these forums yet, but i have it written so i will post it on here soon, as some might find it interesting.
http://ovaclockers.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?357

And the case airflow guide:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/256915-29-case-airflow-guide-finally#t1839789

People are just hesitant to post a guide, I am working on one that will have Bios pics and graphs, the problem with AMD is that as far as the SB700/SB750 you have tons of voltages and other values compared to the Nvidia chipsets which are a piece of cake to overclock and or tinker with ;)

The Nvidia Chipset part is done, still working on the SB700/SB750 section :)

As far as my B50 I dont think so (most 550's can achieve more or less the same clocks), you can't really expect much for 99$ (currently at 89.99$)

4Ghz is enough for my needs, of course I am waiting on the dam C3 555be that was supposed to come out back in DEC of last year, was going to try for 4.5Ghz on AIR but it seems that AMD is not going to release them unless someone has heard otherwise....

I guess Bulldozer will be the next big thing for AMD....Can't wait =)

bigstott

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2010

When you finish with your guide let me know and i will add it to the Ultimate Guide Forum I just created... Maybe get it stickied...