AMD Phenom II boards and YOU.

_horse

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2009
Hello ladies and gentlemen...

Here we are with these wonderful new AMD processors and, no comparitive list for us losers who cant pick which new board to buy. So lets brainstorm here...

I want to hear from owners of a new Phenom II processor on what board they use, why they bought it, and any issues they had with the board getting to recognize the Phenom II, what boards were consistently DOA, etc etc etc...

I want the good and the bad.

Go.

wildgene789

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
Alright man i see that noone helped you to here i am to save the day. let me start with saying i had a Phenom x3 2.4 GHz overclocked to 2.8 with xfx 750 a sli mother board. Alright that setup was cool but not fast or overclock able enough. SO!!! time to upgrade right even though i had it for a month i wanted better. Phenom II came out and i did some research and since i want to SLI and not Crossfire my boards were limited but i bought the Phenom II x4 3.0 Black edition and Asus M3N-HT Deluxe and the setup was a killer! The bios wasnt updated so i had to put phenom X3 in to update it and after i updated to like 1901 it still wouldnt boot with the phenom II and Asus support sucked on saturday. So i figured id try the 1701 update or w.e number it is haha and when i finally did that it booted and so far im happy except my mother board has Express Gate but doesnt work with my G5 mouse god i cant get a break. But everything works and im overclocked to 3.6 ghz and i must say ALOT faster i can play GTA4 max settings!!! if you need to know anything else let me know

TRENDING THREADS