Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

8800 640MB GTS vs 9800 512MB GTX+

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 15, 2008 1:58:31 AM

I would like to know which graphic card is better. The 8800 card is discountinued at many places and I found one for a great price.

Thanks for all the inputs!
a c 106 U Graphics card
November 15, 2008 2:23:35 AM

Hey here's an idea, how about you look at the charts on here :sarcastic: 
Related resources
November 15, 2008 2:31:30 AM

So for less than $200.00, my best option is the 9800 GTX+?
November 15, 2008 2:32:50 AM

dolphinmoo said:
So for less than $200.00, my best option is the 9800 GTX+?


If you use sli motherboard, yes. For cf motherboard, there is 4850.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2008 2:35:23 AM

how cheap?

I'll sell you mine :p 

despite the fact i can't advertise here... hehe

if its like 50 $ thats a great bargain...

if its like 80$.... eh...

100$ no way

150$ shoot yourself in the foot
November 15, 2008 2:40:54 AM

I don't think I am going with the SLI board. I was planning to get a P5QC mobo and a midrange pricing gpu.

However, I read something bad about the P5QC and I can't decide what mobo and GPU to get now.

I already have the rest of the system figured out and the system is sitting without a mobo and a GPU. /sadface.

Please help me on these 2 components.

PS someone shot me on the foot!!
November 15, 2008 3:52:10 AM

When I posted that I had bought an 8800 gts 640mb SSC yesterday, everyone was like why? I got mine for 80 USD which I guess fits into thogroms "eh" category. Its sounds like you've got more more funds then me so you might as well go for the newer tech.

Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
November 15, 2008 12:27:17 PM

for 80$ it is eh.... there isn't anything really BETTER per say in that category... but its old tech at that price point with new tech starting to pop in at that price point and at that performance... thats why its eh :D 

50$ is a great buy though... if you wanna buy mine again... pm me :p 
November 15, 2008 3:13:57 PM

KnightSaber said:
When I posted that I had bought an 8800 gts 640mb SSC yesterday, everyone was like why? I got mine for 80 USD which I guess fits into thogroms "eh" category. Its sounds like you've got more more funds then me so you might as well go for the newer tech.


Quote:
for 80$ it is eh.... there isn't anything really BETTER per say in that category... but its old tech at that price point with new tech starting to pop in at that price point and at that performance... thats why its eh :D 

50$ is a great buy though... if you wanna buy mine again... pm me :p 


I'd say that's a good deal. A 9600gt, which cost more than that, performs about the same as stock g80 8800gts 640mb, and lower when oced. "New tech" or "Old tech" is irrelevant, they have no merit in and of themselves. Bottom line is performance/value. :p 
November 16, 2008 2:06:26 PM

Quote:
for 80$ it is eh.... there isn't anything really BETTER per say in that category... but its old tech at that price point with new tech starting to pop in at that price point and at that performance... thats why its eh :D 

50$ is a great buy though... if you wanna buy mine again... pm me :p 




Check your in box.
!