Sign in with
Your question

HELLLPPPP! (AMD 780g+9800gt)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 15, 2008 2:29:40 AM

Im planning to buy a 9800gt, but the problem is i got this motherboard with an integrated graphics "hd3200"

So my plan is ill just disable the onboard videocard then just install the southbridge driver of my mobo without the catalyst and display driver and use the 9800gt. Will it work or will i have issues running it?????????

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!! :cry: 
November 15, 2008 2:31:44 AM

The onboard should be automatically disabled when you install the card.
November 15, 2008 2:35:00 AM

is it ok to use the 9800 with this board???
Related resources
November 15, 2008 2:38:48 AM

paul_out3 said:
is it ok to use the 9800 with this board???

Yes. It'll work.
May 25, 2009 9:23:01 PM

After installing a 9800gt on this board and disabling the onboard video, I lose video signal. When windows gets to the desktop, the screen turns black and says "no signal detected". It continues on to the windows desktop. I have the exact same version of the driver installed in linux and my card works flawlessly. Any ideas on getting this straightened out?
May 25, 2009 9:31:10 PM

It seems like you just connected the monitor to your integrated graphics adapter. And since it is disabled, you wont receive any signal. Connect it to your 9800gt.

9+8+0+0 = 17.

Nice card.
May 25, 2009 9:41:04 PM

Christopher11 said:
It seems like you just connected the monitor to your integrated graphics adapter. And since it is disabled, you wont receive any signal. Connect it to your 9800gt.

9+8+0+0 = 17.

Nice card.

I did. If I re-enable the integrated video and plug my monitor back into the integrated port I don't get any video either.
May 25, 2009 9:42:39 PM

Oh,
It says windows has to restart to finish the installation when this happens. I get nothing out of my 9800gt OR my integrated video (when I re-enable it)
I've tried the newest and some older drivers and I get the same problem.
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2009 9:47:16 PM

fretlessdavis said:
I did. If I re-enable the integrated video and plug my monitor back into the integrated port I don't get any video either.

Ignore Christopher11.

Disable your integrated gfx in your control panel, and make sure the display settings & Nvidia control panel has your GPU as your main output for the monitor.
May 25, 2009 9:52:10 PM

Bluescreendeath said:
Ignore Christopher11.

Disable your integrated gfx in your control panel, and make sure the display settings & Nvidia control panel has your GPU as your main output for the monitor.

The problem is, I can't even get to the control panel. I install the driver, and after it tells me to restart, I get no output when my monitor is plugged into my 9800GT. I tried restarting with the integrated video back on to uninstall the drivers and try again, and I don't get any output either.
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2009 9:56:57 PM

When you say you're trying w/ integrated video - do you mean you are just switching the cables to unplug/plug it in the different ports?

If your integrated vid is still enabled, you don't have to do a complete restart, just connect the monitor to the mobo-integrated GFX slot.

Also, did you install the correct driver for your operating system?

Finally, what is the power supply of your computer?
May 25, 2009 10:13:16 PM

Bluescreendeath said:
When you say you're trying w/ integrated video - do you mean you are just switching the cables to unplug/plug it in the different ports?

If your integrated vid is still enabled, you don't have to do a complete restart, just connect the monitor to the mobo-integrated GFX slot.

Also, did you install the correct driver for your operating system?

Finally, what is the power supply of your computer?

When I tried with integrated video, I restarted, enabled the integrated video and tried booting into windows. I'm using a generic 550 watt PSU. I installed the 32-bit XP driver, which is what I have.
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2009 10:15:26 PM

Is the 9800GT DOA? Are the fans on it running?
See if you can test it on another computer.
May 25, 2009 10:20:16 PM

Bluescreendeath said:
Is the 9800GT DOA? Are the fans on it running?
See if you can test it on another computer.

It runs flawlessly when booting from my Linux partition using the 180 driver.
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
May 25, 2009 10:22:59 PM

So the problem is only when you boot into Windows XP?

Seems like a software issue in that case. Hmm...
May 25, 2009 10:32:05 PM

Bluescreendeath said:
So the problem is only when you boot into Windows XP?

Seems like a software issue in that case. Hmm...

Yeah. This setup was working perfectly with my old motherboard though. All the same hardware...
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
September 12, 2009 10:16:31 PM

There is a software issue; well it's not an issue it's just a display settings problem; when a graphics driver (only for Windows XP 32-bit) is freshly installed (w/ reboot required), the driver automatically sets the display resolution and refresh rate to the lowest setting allowed on the VGA card (NOT THE MONITOR), my screen, even if it can't display the settings, give's me the settings, which are:

640 x 480 x 4bit @ 30Hz=Horizontal/34Hz=Vertical

These are settings that can only be display by old CRT screens, but the VGA Card (9800GT) and driver still include support for it. This problem can only be solved by:

1. Plugging in an old CRT screen supporting these settings (only CRT screen can support Asynchronous Horizontal and Vertical refresh rates).

2. Change the resolution to 800 x 600 x 32bit @ 60Hz (universal resolution supported by all LCD or recent monitors).

3. Plug-in your regular monitor and change the settings to the desired setting.

My friend successfully did this once (then he switched mobos), but unfortunately for me, he threw out his old monitor or I would have borrowed it :( 
October 8, 2009 9:16:38 PM

I plan on using the onboard gfx to plug into my tv via HDMI.

I am wondering, is this going to cause problems with my 9800GT card? as i will be installing the drivers for the 9800. or do i, or can i install drivers for both.

Thanks in advance.
!