Affordable Digital TVs

Last response: in Home Theatre
May 4, 2005 6:43:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.digital-tv (More info?)

On Tue, 03 May 2005 05:01:57 GMT, K. B. <hotmail.com@lis2lis2> wrote:

><http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7681233/&gt;

Officially the prices are coming down but still high but there have
been great sales on older HDTVs the last year or so. Compusa which was
getting out of the many lines blew out their old HDTVs since their
owner bought GOOD GUYS and they decided to have GG carry the mid range
home theater stuff - audio and video. Compusa had Philips TVs for as
low as $350. I got mine a bit ahead of the bottom of the barrel
pricing for $429 it was only a 27" 4:3 HDTV. They had a widescreen
32" a while ago for 499 or so locally but these were clearance deals.
Circuit City and others have had Advent and other cheap makes 27" 4:3
HDTVs for 399 or less for a while now. They dont really advertise it
much but if you go youll see them there usually though I havent
checked recently.
!