CPU Heatsinks Dilemma

I have short-listed some Heatsinks and very confused so plz help me to decide the best heatsink and all tell me if anyone has any heatsinks from these so tell me ur experience and temperature.

1. Noctua NH-D14 (With factory shipped Fans)
2. Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B(With 4 Silverstone FM121 Fans)
3. Thermolab Baram(With 2 Silverstone FM121 Fans)
17 answers Last reply
More about heatsinks dilemma
  1. Hi.

    What processor and budget do you have?
  2. Currently I have Intel Core 2 Duo E6850(3.0 Ghz) Stock, But May be I will upgrade to core i7 machine, my budget is below 6k
  3. saint19 said:



    I think u have completely misunderstood my post, I said that Right now, I have a budget of Rs. 6,000 INR to buy a CPU Cooler.

    I will buy core i7 machine after some months

    so plz suggest me a CPU Cooler from given list of CPU Cooler.

    Thank you
  4. Ohhh, sorry for that.

    I would get the Mugen 2.
  5. saint19 said:
    Ohhh, sorry for that.

    I would get the Mugen 2.



    Any reason to get the mugen 2 ?
  6. abhi_jollyguy said:
    Any reason to get the mugen 2 ?



    Less weight and better airflow.
  7. saint19 said:
    Less weight and better airflow.


    Saint, First of all thanku for replying me.

    So u mean to say that Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B is better than Noctua NH-D14 and Thermolab Baram ?????????
  8. abhi_jollyguy said:
    Saint, First of all thanku for replying me.

    So u mean to say that Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B is better than Noctua NH-D14 and Thermolab Baram ?????????


    Yea, the problem with the Baram is that don't support the last sockets (AM3 and 1366), the mugen 2 if does.
  9. saint19 said:
    Yea, the problem with the Baram is that don't support the last sockets (AM3 and 1366), the mugen 2 if does.


    Thermolab Baram Supports Intel Socket 775, 1366CPUs, AMD Socket AM3/AM2+/AM2 CPUs
  10. +2 for the Scythe.
  11. +3 for the Scythe, as my experience with their other products has grown some brand loyalty in me.

    Take your time and see if your options are all listed here:
    http://www.frostytech.com/

    All they do is test and rate HSFs in every conceivable way, so they are a real authority on the topic.
  12. JofaMang said:
    +3 for the Scythe, as my experience with their other products has grown some brand loyalty in me.

    Take your time and see if your options are all listed here:
    http://www.frostytech.com/

    All they do is test and rate HSFs in every conceivable way, so they are a real authority on the topic.



    Now I don't trust frostytech that much, Moreover Noctua NH-D14 is not in the test on frostytech.

    Thermolab Baram is the only heatsink which stand on No. 3 spot in their top ten heatsink's list temperature wise.

    Tuniq Tower Extreme is on No. 1 whereas Prolimatech megahalem is on No. 2 Temperature wise

    I have seen so many reviews where Baram is beating megahalem by lil bit margin and tuniq tower extreme by 5-6 degree difference.

    source: www.xbitlabs.com - The site which I trust the most
  13. Then I guess you answered you own question. Good luck and enjoy your new hardware!
  14. Check this the difference between the Mugen 2 and the Baram is only 1.5C at stock fan, that isn't a big difference.

    Now, check this, the difference between the Mugen 2 and the Baram is 4C, that is significant.
  15. Well I think I should go with Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B with 2 Silverstone FM121 Fans

    Thank u all
  16. ^Yea, IMO is the best option of the three.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Silverstone CPUs Overclocking Product