Sign in with
Your question

1394 net adapter driver free download windows xp

Last response: in Windows XP
March 24, 2011 8:38:10 AM

I just instaled XP Pro in my old computer but i am having trouble connecting to the internet. I have a 1394 Net adapter on board NIC, I have checked device manager and it shows my network adaptors to be fine, but i still can not connect. I have tried to look for a driver for the 1394 Net adapter but can not find it anywhere. The motherbord manufacturer is Asus A8N-LA
and the HP/Compaq name: Nagami-GL8E. Is there a website or any solutions to this problem or has any one experienced this kind of problem.
a b \ Driver
March 24, 2011 11:12:25 AM

with the computer turned on...
reset the modem by unplugging it from power for 15 seconds
reset the router by unplugging it from power for 15 seconds
once the modem and router have restarted, lights blinking again,
restart the computer
now click the network icon in the lower right hand task bar, click on the network you need to connect to, enter the passcode.
That should get you connected, usually, 9 out of 10 times anyway.
After installing XP, load all your motherboard drivers one at a time, restart each time. Asus boards seem to like it that way.
Downloading all the drivers from the Asus website, turn off your firewall and antivirus, load your drivers, restart, and turn the security back on. The 1394 is bundled with the other motherboard drivers, and not separate, but it's in there.
m
l
a b \ Driver
March 24, 2011 1:42:08 PM

The 1394 net adapter is Firewire and probably is not what you will use to connect to the Internet.
You said that your network adapters show up in device manager as fine, so no drivers are needed.

The cable you will use has 8 conductors and looks like an extra-large telephone jack (RJ45 connector).
You may be already using the correct cable as Firewire cables are somewhat rare, but RJ45 network cables are quite common.

Run the Network setup wizard... Start>Settings>Control Panel>Network Setup Wizard...
and click the box to "ignore disconnected network hardware"
then in the next screen,
choose "Other"
then choose "This computer connects to the internet directly or through a network hub. Other computers on my network also connect to the internet directly or through a hub."
The next screen deals with computer names and is unimportant right now, the screen after is also not important for making a internet connection.

Now if you have DSL, it may need to have authentication to enable it for use. Here you'll need your username and password to complete the setup. If you have a cable connection, it should work directly if cables are plugged into the proper locations. If connected to a router or switch, the DSL or (cable modem) plugs into the "Internet" or "Uplink" port and computers plug into any numbered socket.

m
l
!