HP m370n Power Supply Replacement

FLGibsonJr

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I am in the middle of building my first computer, but my current computer's (HP m370m) power supply is about to go I think. The power supply is a proprietary sized (shorter) unit, and a longer standard sized unit will not fit properly in the case. It is a 200W unit. I have searched the internet unsuccessfully for a higher powered unit that will also fit in the case. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was hoping that since it was an HP, someone would be building replacement PS's. I wouldn't mind keeping it running for my kids who are younger. Thanks.

Regards,

Zorg

Splendid
May 31, 2004
Don't waste your money on another HP 2/3 size junk PSU. I had the same situation with my neices PSU in her HP. Get a new case and a real PSU and move everything to the new case. I got a quicky ultra budget one from Comp USA for $29 a few years ago when this happened. The PSU hadn't actually failed either, it was just eating HDs. I'm sure you can find a cheap one or maybe a better one that can be reused later for a new build.

It's the easiest and best way in the long run.

Devastator_uk

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2009
You may end up having to change the case, I'd imagine any cheap one will do as nothing can really go wrong with a case. I've picked them up before for £20-25 (~$30-40).

TRENDING THREADS