How do I install SATA drivers into a Windows XP recovery console installed on th

I have a Notebook (Dell) with Windows XP pro SP3 installed (because I hate Vista). I installed the Recovery Console on the HDD (C: drive), but it does not work, because the HDD is a SATA. I can start it with F6 and a floppy with the SATA drivers on it, but I want to install those drivers in \Cmdcons so that I will not need the floppy anymore. How do I do that? Just copying the files to the Console folder does not work - it is obviously not that simple. :sweat:
4 answers Last reply
More about install sata drivers windows recovery console installed
  1. The recovery console is on the installation disk CD. Are you trying to recover the notebook?
  2. Are you able to type the "enable" command to enable the SATA driver? Or do you not even get a command window?
  3. soundguruman said:
    The recovery console is on the installation disk CD. Are you trying to recover the notebook?

The recovery console is installed on the C: drive, but when I boot up with the 'Recovery Console' option, it does not work, because of the missing SATA driver. I can use the F6 option with a driver floppy - that works, but I don't want to use the silly floppy in future. :??:
  4. Ijack said:
    Are you able to type the "enable" command to enable the SATA driver? Or do you not even get a command window?

If I don't enter the driver via the F6 / Floppy routine, I never get to a command prompt, just the plain old BSOD. :(
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers SATA Recovery Console Windows XP