Sign in with
Your question

How do I install SATA drivers into a Windows XP recovery console installed on th

Tags:
  • Drivers
  • SATA
  • Recovery Console
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
March 24, 2011 9:16:53 AM

I have a Notebook (Dell) with Windows XP pro SP3 installed (because I hate Vista). I installed the Recovery Console on the HDD (C: drive), but it does not work, because the HDD is a SATA. I can start it with F6 and a floppy with the SATA drivers on it, but I want to install those drivers in \Cmdcons so that I will not need the floppy anymore. How do I do that? Just copying the files to the Console folder does not work - it is obviously not that simple. :sweat: 

More about : install sata drivers windows recovery console installed

a b \ Driver
March 24, 2011 11:01:48 AM

The recovery console is on the installation disk CD. Are you trying to recover the notebook?
a b \ Driver
March 24, 2011 11:14:25 AM

Are you able to type the "enable" command to enable the SATA driver? Or do you not even get a command window?
Related resources
March 24, 2011 12:19:34 PM

soundguruman said:
The recovery console is on the installation disk CD. Are you trying to recover the notebook?

The recovery console is installed on the C: drive, but when I boot up with the 'Recovery Console' option, it does not work, because of the missing SATA driver. I can use the F6 option with a driver floppy - that works, but I don't want to use the silly floppy in future. :??: 
March 24, 2011 12:21:53 PM

Ijack said:
Are you able to type the "enable" command to enable the SATA driver? Or do you not even get a command window?

If I don't enter the driver via the F6 / Floppy routine, I never get to a command prompt, just the plain old BSOD. :( 
!